PDA

View Full Version : which one???

Raptor430
11-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I have a Raptor 350 with a bunch of mods and a 430 bore and stroke combo from Powroll. Its a lot faster now. My question is, Which would you get? Edelbrock Carburetor or +2 inch a arms? I have the stock shocks on. I've heard that the Edelbrock carb gives a really good power increase. My cousin has one and it helped a lot. So which one???

450r51
11-05-2005, 12:36 PM
suspension mods will always make u faster over ne engine mod.... depending on what type of riding u do.

Raptor430
11-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Well see its just +2 inch a arms. Its not shocks. I've just got the stock shocks. I mainly do trail riding and racing. I just don't know. cause it will be a lot harder to go through trails with it wider. I've got a Durablue Eliminator axle and its widened, so i can't decide if i want the a arms or the carburetor. Plus, if i start out in maybe second from a rolling start then i can set all the way back on the seat and just switch through the gears like it aint nothin. it won't even try to raise up and when i'm takin berms i've got enough weight to keep it down. I mean i'm not fat, but i know how to lean.:) I'm thinkin I might go with the carburetor.

11-05-2005, 08:49 PM
i second the suspension mods, the less work you have to do to go fast and ride hard, the longer you can ride without getting tired, and the longer you can go faster

Raptor430
11-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Well I can go through the race without getting tired, what it mainly is though is that off the gate they used to beat me, i don't know how i can do since i got that motor work done cuz i haven't raced with it yet. But i drag raced a yfz and had him the whole way until about 3/4 of the way then he passed me and my front tires was about at his back tires. So before i got that bore and stroker, i didn't have that much power off the gate and out of the berms. But i believe i can do pretty good now, but it would help with the carburetor. I just don't see that the a arms would help me that much.:confused: :confused: :confused:

450r51
11-05-2005, 10:09 PM
then u obviously dont race if u dont think widening ur quad will help that much. ask neone that races suspension mods r there first mod, behind the usual stuff.

250xridamatt
11-05-2005, 10:54 PM
It sounds to me like you already have your mind made up... But if I were you, instead of the +2 a-arms, I would get better shocks. Its not good to be very wide in the woods anyway. Plus, if you buy wider a-arms, and try to run the stock shocks, you aerent gonna like it very much. Aftermarket shocks make a huge difference, and you can only go so fast racing with stock suspension. Definately shocks over a-arms or carb...

geogeorge
11-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Raptor430
Well see its just +2 inch a arms. Its not shocks. I've just got the stock shocks. I mainly do trail riding and racing. I just don't know. cause it will be a lot harder to go through trails with it wider. I've got a Durablue Eliminator axle and its widened, so i can't decide if i want the a arms or the carburetor. Plus, if i start out in maybe second from a rolling start then i can set all the way back on the seat and just switch through the gears like it aint nothin. it won't even try to raise up and when i'm takin berms i've got enough weight to keep it down. I mean i'm not fat, but i know how to lean.:) I'm thinkin I might go with the carburetor.

If you trail ride I would go with the carb. The wider A arms will be a problem in the woods. But don't over do the mods and make a quad too fast for the kind of riding you do. You might wont to look into after market shocks insted of the carb.