PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock Carb Problem

HondaRacing23
11-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Im sure this isnt the first time someone has heard someone say this but i searched all over and cant seem to find anything. My bike runs great for awile when i go riding and once i get into some mud or water the throttle starts sticking and the bike starts running the $hit again. So I clean it all out with Shop Solvent(castle product i get from work) Then the next time i go riding in the same terrain it does the same thing. If this is a common problem im going to ditch the carb. But if there is something to do to prevent it all help is greatly appriated. Thanks

TM426
11-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I had problems with the throtle sticking and the idle being high. I had to grind part of the inner throtle because it was getting hung up. It was the part where the throtle rests (under cover) at closed. It takes a little to work the bugs out of. I also had a problem with the wheel on the carb not rotating all the way closed where the idle screw bottoms out. You just need to spend some time adjusting your cables, throtle assembly, and carb. Be patient youll get it.

HondaRacing23
11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
Yes it must take some patience i have had it a few months now and still catn seem to get it running good. it seems like it runs fine till the carb gets a little dirty then thats when it starts sticking and messing up alot. as long as it doesnt get wet or muddy its fine. dont know what to do...