PDA

View Full Version : Dynatek problems

metalmellinium
11-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Hey i just installed my 2nd Dynatek on my YFZ and it fried tonight? All i did was install a pingel kill switch and resister kit. I pluged everything in and started it. Started right up, then turned it off, and my cdi started cracking and poping. So i disconected the negitve on the batt. Took the cdi out and its all bowed out. What do you think could of cause this to happen. I am lost.

Ride1Rob
11-05-2005, 08:23 AM
I'd say put your stock CDI back in. I bought a ProCom over a year ago and straight out of the box my bike wouldn't crank w/ the think in. Ever since then I figured if my bike wouldn't run w/ it, it couldn't be good for my bike w/ it running;)

metalmellinium
11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
Well i dont want to put my stock one back in yet, i dont want to burn that one up too, if it is something to do with the kill switch or whatever. I guess i will have to and see what happens

daddio
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
what wires did you hook the pingle up to?

metalmellinium
11-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I hooked them up to my on off key. But i just changed it to my run/kill switch the red wire with black stripe. But it doesnt work when i hook it up there for some reason? Where should i hook it up too?

metalmellinium
11-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Ok i figured out my kill switch, didnt know i was suppose to hook it to the brown wire also. So do you think that caused it? Or what it just a bad CDI? I have heard people talking about there dynas fring also. It couldnt be my resistor kit that caused it could it?

daddio
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
no the resistor kit wouldn't fry your ignition. I put resistors on both of Drew's YFZ's with "dynas" and they worked fine.
Did you get a "normaly open" or "normaly closed" Pingle?
You should have the "normally closed" version to work correctly.
Did you unhook your stock kill switch and replace it with the pingle? Did you, at any point of the Pingle install, hook one of the wires to ground? if you did, that was probably it. If you didn't, then you have another short somewhere. If you can verify that you don't have any "shorts" in your wire harness, then you got a bad ignition.

metalmellinium
11-07-2005, 12:18 AM
I got the closed one. I am thinking its the cdi, because i installed my stock cdi and works fine...

Ride1Rob
11-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Told ya!!!

baseballplaya23
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Dyna is not a procom box tho :rolleyes:

Bronson90
11-08-2005, 03:36 PM
My Dyna fried too and it has been hell getting them to replace it. I have left numerous (5+) messages for someone to call me back about it. If I could get my money back I would have already. Dyna's customer service is the worst I have ever exeprienced. I may trade my dyna for a vortec when i do finally get it replaced. this ias absolutely ridiculous.

metalmellinium
11-08-2005, 05:30 PM
How did yours fry? Did it swell up at all? Did it ever work? Dynais going to send me a check out for my first Dyna, now i sent in my other one. They said atleast 2 weeks till they get them in stcok. They said they will next day air me the dyna out when they get it. I dont like there customer serive at all