PDA

View Full Version : Montana

06-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Hey does anyone know of any good places to ride here in the big sky country? I'm looking for some fun trails. :) And if any hot girls out there need a riding partner than get ahold of me. :devil I'm newto the sport but would love to learn with some nice sweet good looking girl that loves to teach me to RIDE. Thanks:macho

TEEGUNN
06-22-2002, 01:11 AM
The first thing is WHERE in Montana are you? I have been visiting my wife's family in Butte for the past 2 weeks and have been riding my 400ex everywhere. There are also a couple of decent MX tracks around here that I have been riding. Mostly I just go out into the hills and find an old logging road (they are everywhere) and see where it takes me. I have only seen 4-wheel drive quads except for mine running these trails - but I have gone EVERYWHERE they can to this point. Anyway, there are literally thousands of miles of trails around Butte. I haven't gone farther than about 45 minutes away from Butte - so I can't say if the whole state is this way, but my bet would be that it is. It's a blast to keep finding these awesome views and scenery around each corner. Also, so far I have seen many deer, a few moose, a fox and, yes, a grizzly! He was on the trail I was riding on in some dense woods. When I saw him about 50 feet in front of me I stopped and he ran off the trail about another 100 feet. Then he just turned around and looked at me. I didn't waste any time and got the **** out of there. Still, it was pretty cool. Anyway, there are MANY places to ride and many things to see in Montana - have fun!

06-24-2002, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I live in Missoula about 2 hrs. from Butte. i ride alot of trails around here but was looking for new areas. My family lives in Butte so maybee Ill have to travel to ride there. thanks again.

rhandw69
06-28-2002, 01:02 PM
I was stationed in Great Falls for about 5 years. I was riding a 1991 RM 125 then , but i used to ride on the other side of the river at this pretty decent dirt/pit/hill climbing area. There was some ok hill climbs and some ok jumps. Its been since 95 since i lived there and im not sure if you can still ride there or not.