PDA

View Full Version : 2 long weeks

Rootar
11-04-2005, 07:43 PM
well today we went and i ended up getting an early graduation present its an 04 F-150 reg cab short bed with a V6 and auto its an XL model so its pretty much bare on the inside except for a pioneer radio and speakers but we had went today going to look at quads my dad cant make up his mind weather he wants a outlander 400XT or the outlander 800 and we went and looked and they had a 06 450r we started talking to the guy and we even worked it all out with our bank and everything for me to buy it and my dad asked about trade in value on a couple of our quads we were about to sale and they were abotu what we were gonna ask so we had all the paper work done all we had to do was take the 3 that we were gonna trade in and let them decide the final trade in price on them and then sign the dotted line and id have my 450r

well the guy happened to get our phone number sicne we had filled out all the papers and he gave us a call tonight abotu 5:30 saying that a guy had walked in and bought MY 450r that was supposed to have a sold sign on it but it didnt and another sales man sold it while he had went to lunch right after we left. so now i have to wait 2 weeks to go pick up my 450 but its ok the guy was very sorry and he is gonna take the freight charge off when it comes in 2 weeks from monday but im still kinda disappointed that it got sold :ermm: well i guess this means i gotta chill fro another 2 weeks before i can join the "450" club

have any of you guys ever had something like this go down with a delear before ?

also whats the best way to break in my 450 when i do get it ill take as much time as needed to do it right i jsut need to know how it is on a brand new bike. on my 416 when i broke it in i took it easy and stayed below 3/4 throttle for a full tank. only riding for an hour at a time. then letting it cool off then after two tanks i rode it full out hard for 30 then let it cool then 30 minutes let it cool rode it hard 4 times for 30 minutes each and then after that i rode it hard and finished out the tank then changed the oil and i was done is this how i am supposed to break in a brandnew one
??????????????

11-04-2005, 08:07 PM
my mother had a car sold out form under her within minutes after she test drove it and did everything but sign the paperwork...

i am not even going to comment any further on the lack of punctuation in that...

TheFontMaster
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Well atleast your getting the free freght on it, thats always good.

Rootar
11-05-2005, 07:36 AM
yea the freight is 150 so thats nice its one less payment to make but should i break it in liek i did my 416 or is there a better way?

btw what is this bogging problem with the FCR carb do i need to have the quick shot here to install when i get it or is this just a bad batch of carbs ?????? i thought the FCR carb was supposed to give better throttle response not have a lag on bottom

derekhonda
11-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
yea the freight is 150 so thats nice its one less payment to make but should i break it in liek i did my 416 or is there a better way?

btw what is this bogging problem with the FCR carb do i need to have the quick shot here to install when i get it or is this just a bad batch of carbs ?????? i thought the FCR carb was supposed to give better throttle response not have a lag on bottom

I would think that if the dealer screwed you like that they could have done better than giving you back an already bogus $150 freight charge. I would have walked out of there with full riding gear in hand.

Scott-300ex
11-05-2005, 01:52 PM
You could search aboot breaking it in.

But wut I did was take it easy, but I got on it quiet often, so half takin it easy and half havin fun and rompin on her.

I'm not even ganna say wut I can beat cuz idiots on here will just make stupid comments about it.

But this way worked great for me

Sorry about the 450 man.

Rootar
11-05-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
You could search aboot breaking it in.

But wut I did was take it easy, but I got on it quiet often, so half takin it easy and half havin fun and rompin on her.

I'm not even ganna say wut I can beat cuz idiots on here will just make stupid comments about it.

But this way worked great for me

Sorry about the 450 man.

send a pm of what you were gonna say that way dumb people cant make dumb replys

oh and derek i have gear but i guess its ok we are paying cash +trade on this now we are gonna walk OTD with it for 6900 (for the electric start) minus the trade in value of the quad we take up there so im happy i gotta work every weekend till the week of thanks giving so i wouldnt be able to ride any till then anyway becasue im taking 6 days off work so i have to rack up my hours before then