PDA

View Full Version : No air filter, no boot even...

Rip_Tear
11-04-2005, 06:36 PM
So I over shot a jump, about 45 feet on a 30 footer... and I managed to break the braket that holds the air box on the sub frame, which pull the boot off the carb. I didn't ride the quad back, some else rode it for about 5 min like this, not dusty out or anything really, it seems to run fine, better if anything really... lol (I know due to the no air restriction). Any suggestions on air boxes or mods I should do, I know some stuff but I haven't been keeping up with this stuff for some time.

Thanks, I'm making a compilation video and it'll be up to see for you all some time in the next while.

Also I doubt it did any harm, but what could it have done? with no dust that is.

11-04-2005, 10:09 PM
off topic but damn dude you havent been posting here in a while. where have you been lol

tater_kamik
11-05-2005, 08:07 AM
you can get an aluminum air box, then isolate it from the frame with rubber to prevent it from cracking as easily

Rip_Tear
11-05-2005, 01:44 PM
I've been in school for metal work and working as a Machinist, so I don't exactly plan on buying an air box, but making one. But I like to have some ideas of what is good out there, and what kinda stuff to try to incorprate into mine.

I'm thinking of somewhat suspending the air box, so it's got some free play, but not enough that it's going to bounce around.

tater_kamik
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM
check out qaudjunkies pics of her airbox in the open forum under a new facelift is underway. that will give you some ideas of what the companies are producingit shouldnt crack too easily if you mount it on rubber, that will keep the vibrations and stresses down

h400exrydr
11-06-2005, 08:26 AM
i made a diamond plate air box. it is a pain trying to tig weld 16 gauge, so i had my dad get some rivets from work, and he did it all and now it is really good!