PDA

View Full Version : What kind of valves?

h400exrydr
11-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Alright i need some new valves. What kind should i get? I found some on CV4.net http://www.cv4.net/4moto/products/main.aspx
There are oversized ones and stock size. Do i need to have anything special for the over size ones? do they do anything performance wize? right now i have a 416 wiseco piston, hot cam stg2, and i will be getting a new cam chain. Thanks

bradley300
11-04-2005, 10:08 AM
i know alot of builder like the kibblewhite brand valves and springs. for the over sizs ones, you will need a bilder to cut the valve pockets, you should notice an increase in power

h400exrydr
11-04-2005, 10:21 AM
is there any way that i could do the cutting? how much does it cost do u think?

MarkyNark
11-04-2005, 12:17 PM
I use Kibble-White. bradley300 is corrrect, find a builder that has experience in cutting the pockets. Dont let anybody try it on yours for the first time. It takes some skills and you dont want them messing up on your head.

SHADETREE101
11-06-2005, 07:07 AM
if you get the oversized valves instsalled you have to machine hte head to accept them. but if you do do this, and you run a higher compression piston you also have to releif cut the piston for clearence. if you remember seeing the top of your piston it has dishes cut in them for clearence from the valves. they have to be opened to match teh oversized valves or it could hit the valves.

h400exrydr
11-06-2005, 08:21 AM
oo jeez. do u think it is worth doing all this work? cuz it sounds like alot of money to me, and i am turning 16 in a month and i need the money for a car. Do u think i would just b better off getting stock size valves? Thanks

MarkyNark
11-06-2005, 09:06 AM
Most aftermarket piston valve pockets will accept 1mm oversize valves. However, if they dont, then you'll need to have the piston cut. Check with the company you are buying your piston from and find out if the piston will accept 1mm oversize - it will save you a lot of time and money. The JE 12:1 superlight piston I use was fine from JE - I did not have to have the pockets cut.

Chicksdigme423
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
dude, just go stock, easier... cheaper... over size valves dont do THAT much more for you, dont spend all your money and buy a car, i wouldnt get oversized unless your gonna race

h400exrydr
11-06-2005, 08:38 PM
wel right now i have a wiseco 416 11:1 piston. Do you think that i will have to cut it? Also i am racing....and i am doing fairly good. Thanks for all the help guys!!

cals400ex
11-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i am betting that piston will NOT accept oversized valves but you would have to call up wiseco and ask them.

03pissedoff426
11-07-2005, 11:52 PM
i would say use the kinbblewhite valves and springs. you don't have to go with oversized right now. just buy the kibblewhite stocky's and later on move up to the oversized ones. there stuff is really high quality. i paid $29 a piece from thumpertalk.com i had to special order the oversized exhuast valves from them and it took about 2 months. cuase kibblewhite only makes them once in awhile. i would maybe switch your piston too. alot of people prefer JE over wiseco, but thats an opinion

h400exrydr
11-08-2005, 09:47 AM
well if i have any trouble with my piston then i will switch to a JE. But like i said before i am turning 16 in a month and i dont have 130 dollars to spend on somethin that i have already. Thanks for all the help