PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call Atlantic grand prix 11/13

QuadRacer041
11-04-2005, 04:26 AM
round 2 of the atlantic grand prix is 11/13
last race in new jersey had a great coarse this one in scranton pa should be more of the same.new virgin trails, lets pop this cherry with a whole bunch of riders.

www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Derno24
11-04-2005, 04:59 AM
I'll be there! First round was great. Hopefully they can keep up the same with this round.

pineway
11-04-2005, 07:43 AM
ill defintely be there.

QuadRacer041
11-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Derno24
I'll be there! First round was great. Hopefully they can keep up the same with this round.

hopefully you'll finish this time, lol lol

Derno24
11-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
hopefully you'll finish this time, lol lol

All right there chunky buddy. Last time I checked it was me still being up one. No the 12hr doesn't count!

QuadRacer041
11-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Derno24
All right there chunky buddy. Last time I checked it was me still being up one. No the 12hr doesn't count!

SURE IT DOES, THAT WAS HALF MY r WE WERE USING, LOL

Splatter Matter
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
well i was there for the trail ride on OCT 30th all i can say it is muddy,ruff,and full of rocks and water. there is a tunnel about 100 yards long. but the kicker is the water in it is over your boots when standing on the pegs. OH man that was cold water.
Oh i got two flats. one front and one rear broke a Hiper rim, an a-arm and the a-arm guard was riped off. wow what a track.i cant wait to go back. just hope i don't do the same thing to my quad.

genxracer
11-05-2005, 10:09 PM
sorry, etown mx race sounds better.

QuadRacer041
11-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by genxracer
sorry, etown mx race sounds better.

i know george, im torn

genxracer
11-06-2005, 06:23 PM
yea I been wanting to make a hare scramble but i gotta go with Etown this time. Hopefully that last NJ location will be a good DRY sandy one somewhere in South jersey.

cmhracing
11-06-2005, 06:43 PM
A buddy of mine and I are going down from Saratoga Springs, NY. He has a 400ex and I have a 450R. Never riddin a cross country race before, just flat track a couple years back. Thinking about running the First Year Racer class. Can't wait!

ralph13
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I LIVE ABOUT 5 MILES FROM THIS TRACK AND I HAVE BEEN RIDING ON THAT MOUNTAIN MY WHOLE LIFE AND LET ME TELL YOU ITS ROCKY.. THEY CALL THE TUNNEL "THE GRAVITY TUNNEL" ITS RUFF BUT IT SHOULD BE A WHOLE LOT OF FUN. I WILL BE THERE.

Derno24
11-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Ralph make sure I get to see ya. I think I am gonna try and get some photos of this race for the site.

genxracer
11-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I used to ride up there off the JESSUP exit and heard about that "gravity tunnel" but we could never find it....just those long concrete tunnels under Rt 6. Good riding though

Dale@AGP
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey all,

This event is really going to be a great race.

We’re doing two events out of this location this weekend. On Saturday we’ll have a 20+ mile trail ride using a lot of the same trails that we’ll be using for the race. On Sunday the course will be a little over 10+ miles in length and the plan is to use the tunnel. Last Saturday I was up there and the water level dropped about 8 inches in both the creek and the tunnel. I was also hacking in some new stuff for the race course and this Friday I’ll finish it up just in time for the race.

Hopefully we’ll have a good turnout for this event at this location. Again we need your support if this series is going to continue. We have a lot of really great locations that have never been raced on before , but again we need your support to make it happen.

Link to what the trophies look like: http://atlanticgrandprix.com/trophies.html

Again I hope to see you all there.
Dale

tim mc
11-13-2005, 03:18 PM
that was definitly the rockiest track ive been on but surprisingly hardly any damage. where is the race in jersey going to be?

400exvet
11-14-2005, 07:04 AM
It was definately a hardcore cross country race course. Mud, rocks, creeks, tight woods, wide woods, rocks, hills, tunnel. I think the only place there wasn't rocks was in the tunnel. Personally, I think there could have been fewer rock sections..they are torture on equipment, especially to us limited budget racers.. .but hey! that's cross country racing in PA. The staff and facility was top notch. I hope they can keep it up and they will eventually get a great following. They are still working through the classes and the pay outs but that will take time. It's hard to have so many different classes with only a small turn out. It appears that their tryting to run it like a GNCC which is tough with a district size turn out. They did give everyone a plaque, which means alot to some. I got first in the Vet class probably because the other guy in my class got lost and was inadvertantly cutting the course. Once he realized it, he alerted the officials and they scored him accordingly. There were a couple of spots that were tricky to keep on course. I got stuck in the mud and lost on lap 1, had to stop and re-attach my skid plate on lap 2 and by the time I could get a clean lap in, I was freekin beat! Still had a great time.

cmhracing
11-14-2005, 07:59 AM
First time XC racing, raced the First Yr Racer class, rocky isn't the word for it! Had a great time though, and I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'd do it again. Went the wrong way on the course, probably wasted 5 mins to get on the right track. Finished the race with 3 (almost 40 min) laps, took 2nd in the class, 14th overall.

Overall great time, great staff!

gizmocor
11-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Really impressed with the race!! Track was awesome.....a little abusive (or expensive I should say) to the machine, but overall a great layout. Would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of trying this series. You wouldn't know you weren't at a GNCC once you get out on the track!!!

quad_45
11-14-2005, 02:03 PM
That was definetly fun, but I think alittle tooo dangerous. It wouldn't be too bad if you were riding the track, and not racing. I talked to dale, and he said they aren't going to run on top of the mountain (where the larger rock sections are) they will just run more into the valley. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ROCKS, but this was definetly over the top. I was in 3rd overall in the morning class 1/2 way in the first lap until I went to pass 1st & 2nd overall and I hit a rock just right and it bent my tie-rod. Thanks Derno24 for stopping to check on me. I was trying to figure out what was going on. LOL I still finished the first lap I think in 4th overall, not too bad for pulling my bike off every tree and for a girl...LOL:D

tim mc
11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
dont give me that girl crap steph you were the best rider out there in the morning class . I put youre plaque in that truck for ya cus i couldnt find ya see you at the next one Tim

Derno24
11-14-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by quad_45
That was definetly fun, but I think alittle tooo dangerous. It wouldn't be too bad if you were riding the track, and not racing. I talked to dale, and he said they aren't going to run on top of the mountain (where the larger rock sections are) they will just run more into the valley. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE ROCKS, but this was definetly over the top. I was in 3rd overall in the morning class 1/2 way in the first lap until I went to pass 1st & 2nd overall and I hit a rock just right and it bent my tie-rod. Thanks Derno24 for stopping to check on me. I was trying to figure out what was going on. LOL I still finished the first lap I think in 4th overall, not too bad for pulling my bike off every tree and for a girl...LOL:D

What she isn't saying is that she was 3rd overall after spotting the 2 guys in front of her a min lead. Trust me she was gonna pass them too. They were right in front of her. It was a shame. I just let you by and then I spotted you on the side of the trail. I wouldn't let anyone I know of sit in the woods without knowing if they were gonna make it back in.

Race was fun, but they do need to cut some rocks out of the race. I was happy to have just finished. 2nd overall and 2nd in class just made it better.

quad_45
11-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by tim mc
dont give me that girl crap steph you were the best rider out there in the morning class . I put youre plaque in that truck for ya cus i couldnt find ya see you at the next one Tim

Thanks buddy! I was actually really shocked when Dale told me I won. Then I was wondering how it got in the truck..LOL Stef

03suzrider
11-15-2005, 06:48 PM
does anyone know where there are any pics of the Warhorse race?

tim mc
11-15-2005, 07:54 PM
go to ******** there are some pics there dont know where any others are

Derno24
11-16-2005, 02:52 AM
There are some pics on Cannondaleriders.

quad_45
11-16-2005, 06:57 AM
I know someone from here was there taking pictures. I don't know his name or if he is going to post them.

Dale@AGP
11-17-2005, 10:30 AM
First I’d like to thank all the riders that came out and supported our event both on Saturday and Sunday November 12th and 13th up at North American Warhorse in Scranton PA.

I’d also like to thank North American Warhorse and their crew for making the land available, Bombardier ATV for coming through big time with support and sponsorship, as well as the Lackawanna Emergency Squad, Tony and the guys from Valley ATV Club for providing chase riders as well as all the volunteers that worked on the event.

As everyone is well aware the event was tough on the riders and their equipment. So for the December 4th event we are going to be running the valley course along both sides of the reservoir stream where there is more soil than rocks. The course is going to be reduced down to about eight miles instead of 10 and it will have more winding roads for more passing. WE WILL NOT BE GOING UP TO THE TUNNEL OR UP ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN WHERE THE ROCKS ARE! Sorry about that.

As I said before, we really value the feedback from the riders. If there is something you didn’t like tell us and we’ll fix it. If there is something you liked we’ll improve on it. This series is for ATV riders and both my team and I want to make this the best little Off-Road series in the country.

The electronic scoring system worked flawlessly and I’d like to thank both Andy Sharp and Kirk Sessions who have been instrumental in bring the system online. We’re still trying to get the transponders up for 2006 and are working on ironing out the bugs.

Results are up at: http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

Again, Thanks for everyone’s support and we really enjoyed meeting everyone and putting on the event. You are a great group of people and you should all be proud of yourselves.

Dale

Dale Freitas, Director of the Atlantic Grand Prix Series
http://www.atlanticgrandprix.com

P.S. This is a new series and we need the support of the riders. Tell your all your friends and get them out and racing. As I said before, we need larger numbers to make it work. We’re committed to doing a full series for 2006 and we the have land and new locations that have never seen a race before. As well as major sponsors that want to be part of the series for 2006. Right now we’re looking at 14 events all within the area of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and South Central New York.