PDA

View Full Version : i hate to ask this question about white bros discs, but i must

Razorback
06-20-2002, 09:22 AM
i know this has been addressed before, but i'd like to get some feedback from those who have actually tried it. sorry if this horse has been beat to death...

i'm running a wb e-series slip-on. i have the number of discs on it that came on it, 12 i think. a friend of mine had a xr400 dirt bike with the same silencer, but took out all the discs and the spark arrestor. he swore it ran better, but i know wb doesn't recommend this and they say it will actually reduce the power. i'm running a 160 main jet, 42 pilot and needle up one clip. i ride mostly at about 500 feet above sea level.

so...i'm curious as to what those of you with the wb pipe have tried with regard to taking out or adding discs or taking all them out and the spark arrestor, too. please don't flame, i just want to know what people have actually experienced with this.

06-20-2002, 10:00 AM
don't do it, there is barely no back pressurte, it runs like crap.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 10:09 AM
oh, thanks for that note. i am running without the lid, well sorta, i've got the outerwears cover for the lid, k&n filter with an outerwears on it as well. i do have some extra discs, so i'll add them and try it out.

Scott
06-20-2002, 10:35 AM
A TC pipe is an open endcap, no disc, 4" SuperTrapp. Not going to get lower backpressure than that...

mcmike
06-20-2002, 02:57 PM
It runs different without discs, but the torque and horsepower just aren't there. Mine runs better with 6 discs rather than no discs. I race with 12 and no lid with 170 main. :huh

400exBro
06-20-2002, 04:06 PM
you can run with out the s/a and it will run a lot better for mx and mx only. i feel it gave more bottom end, also it says in the w/b manual that is okay to run no discs or no s/a only on mx tracks (becasue some sparks do come out) and you wonèt lose power...
i do it, it makes alot louder, throaty pipe, hey it is up to you but i know it won t reck anything because w/b backs it up...
Bro

Razorback
06-20-2002, 08:34 PM
thanks bro. i primarily concerned with mx, so i think i'm going to try that during my next practice and see how it works. i was going to try adding discs, but i can't find the dang things. i know i've got three of them somewhere...