PDA

View Full Version : rear brake pedal

yamaha1470
06-20-2002, 08:38 AM
My back break pedal is sticking so i wanna take it off to clean and lube it. How does it come off? and what should i use to lube it?

Razorback
06-20-2002, 08:45 AM
there's a pin on the backside of it that you have to take out. it's kindof a pain to get out. you'll also have to take off the spring then it should slide out, but i had to work at it to get it out, so be prepared to twist, turn and pull. mine seized up a while back and it was all rusted and dry inside. i just cleaned it up, coated it with grease (i use axle grease for boat trailers since it repels water) and it has been working great ever since.

yamaha1470
06-20-2002, 08:58 AM
theres 2 pins u have to take out right? Also can i use any grease. I have some stuff called triple guard grease that i use on my jetski. Could i use it here? Is there anything the grease can damage?

Razorback
06-20-2002, 09:04 AM
yeah, there may be two pins, but i don't remember exactly. i would think most any grease should be fine. just something to let it work smoothly and keep dirt and water out. it will make a world of difference in how the pedal works.

yamaha1470
06-20-2002, 10:08 AM
thanks for your help. I did it and it is SOO smooth now. There was NO oil on it when i took it out and there was all gunk in it.

Thanks

Razorback
06-20-2002, 10:10 AM
:D cool. your brake pads may actually last a wee bit longer now. i know mine was causing problems.