PDA

View Full Version : Curtis sparks

2006trx450r
11-03-2005, 04:58 PM
So I got my 06 two weeks ago its F***in bad *** and yester My buddy who does custom quads in SGC threw a sparks pipe on jetted it and and did like 5 airbox mods to it and that ***** screams and i guess my cam just came in and i am pretty stoked about gettin that thingy in next week i think it will fly, but anways if anyone has any other suggestions on it or anything on the the next step engine wise to pick up a few more ponys let me know????

11-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 2006trx450r
So I got my 06 two weeks ago its F***in bad *** and yester My buddy who does custom quads in SGC threw a sparks pipe on jetted it and and did like 5 airbox mods to it and that ***** screams and i guess my cam just came in and i am pretty stoked about gettin that thingy in next week i think it will fly, but anways if anyone has any other suggestions on it or anything on the the next step engine wise to pick up a few more ponys let me know????

DASA engine work, that puppy will fly like a tomcat jet :macho

honda350r
11-03-2005, 08:33 PM

Would this be your quad .. Buddy!

11-03-2005, 08:40 PM
well...look at that slow thing...:blah:

400exrider0004
11-03-2005, 09:09 PM
2006trx450r do you have any more pictures of your quad, or does any one have more pictures of 2006trx450r's 450!!!!

bcb
11-04-2005, 07:12 AM
honda350 r your jim over next to brackens aren't you? You just did my friends spencers 450, put that je piston in.

honda350r
11-04-2005, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by bcb
honda350 r your jim over next to brackens aren't you? You just did my friends spencers 450, put that je piston in.

That would be me. A lot of peeps are starting to chime in on this web site.. Very cool !:devil:

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 08:04 AM
OH **** that is mine:D props to JIM at interwest for posting that ****, And whoever the f*ck this other kid is for knowing jim i guess Props to you to maybe

Lonestar_R
11-04-2005, 08:09 AM
I take it Sparks has the pipe done for the 06 huh.....whats the price on it....if anyone can tell me......and what does anyone recommend the big core or not.....for the 06

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Its like around 5 bills but f***in worth it for sure i am very impressed with what little mods to this bike will open it up and i think the big mods are gonna blow my mind when i get around to it, but if your looking for one you outta contact jim and interwest that guy knows what he doin and will take care of you and if your lucky he'll post a pic of your bike on EXRIDERs

RedRacer44
11-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I take it Sparks has the pipe done for the 06 huh.....whats the price on it....if anyone can tell me......and what does anyone recommend the big core or not.....for the 06

Yeah, Sparks is done with his '06 pipe. JH Racing got the 1st 3 off the production line. I have 1 on my bike and JH has 1 on his bike. As always, Sparks makes a great pipe. It might not be the BEST, but it works good for a good price. I paid around $450 for mine.....

eagertorace
11-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
Would this be your quad .. Buddy!

That looks bad a##!!!!!
same pipe I'll be using on my black one
btw, I think the black ones are faster than the red ones:D

bcb
11-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Jim you dont happen to know what jets spencer is running do you? I cant get a hold of him hes in dumont. We have the same things done except I have the 13:5.1 je "sparks" piston. I went out last night to hurricane and I have a big hole at first take off. But once it kicks in it goes, probally my needle huh?

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 10:10 AM
eagertorace thanks for the compliment on the bike and dude i know the black ones are faster ;) and mod your box and jet it to man its an incredible difference

eagertorace
11-04-2005, 11:32 AM
eagertorace thanks for the compliment on the bike and dude i know the black ones are faster ;) and mod your box and jet it to man its an incredible difference

what size did you got to on the jets?
did you buy a jet kit for it, I know the stock needle is not adjustable. for the airbox, I'll probably take the lid off and put an outerwear on my filter.
Should have mine back today from the dealer, it's getting that quickshot installed on the fcr, hope it takes that bog out of it.

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 11:59 AM
i went to a .164 but i think i am gonna go higher after the cam and i got a sparks needle that Jim at interwest is gonna put on when we do the cam i think. but take the lid off, cut out the screen on your metal filter beneith your main filter and you'll fill an incredible difference, let me know if that quickshot makes a diff and how much it costed you

RedRacer44
11-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm running a 170 main, 48 pilot, and I'm not sure on needle position (Toyko Mods needle)....thats with full Sparks exhaust and the lid off. Your elevation might affect you differently but I tried a 165 main and it was too lean. It was not getting enough fuel at full throttle, the 170 is spot on for me though.

If you bump up the pilot it will help on the FCR bog, thats just how the carb is. You kinda gotta learn to keep on the gas when you're riding with the FCR......but this carb is much better than the carbs on the '04/'05.

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I am always on it and haven't really noticed any bogging with my bike but i'll definatley raise my pilot then and my main can't hurt to try, you know?! but have you done anything to the cam yet? I am really excited about getting mine in, i just wanna F*** up yfz's

honda350r
11-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bcb
Jim you dont happen to know what jets spencer is running do you? I cant get a hold of him hes in dumont. We have the same things done except I have the 13:5.1 je "sparks" piston. I went out last night to hurricane and I have a big hole at first take off. But once it kicks in it goes, probally my needle huh?

Someone put a 200 main in it.. I left it in cause it looked like it was buring well..

You have the same cam as Spence?

RedRacer44
11-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I've got a Stage 2 HotCam for the CRF in it too. I havent rode it w/ the cam yet.....its still at JH Racing :rolleyes:

They should rip with just a cam, i'd watch out for the '06 YFZs though....they're really fast, run well!

A 200 main will be way too big on the FCR carb dude, the FCR jetting specs and the stock carb on the '04/'05 is different. Unless you're running a big FCR(41 or 42mm) with a big bore motor like the NMotion 520 cylinder...the 200 main should be too big......

Just my guess though :D

honda350r
11-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Yeah, Sparks is done with his '06 pipe. JH Racing got the 1st 3 off the production line. I have 1 on my bike and JH has 1 on his bike. As always, Sparks makes a great pipe. It might not be the BEST, but it works good for a good price. I paid around $450 for mine.....

For 450.00 I would say that it is a stainless only pipe ..

The pipe pictured is the stainless ceramic and that is the only pipe I will order, it cost $500.00... Great pipes ..

honda350r
11-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Yeah,
A 200 main will be way too big on the FCR carb dude, the FCR jetting specs and the stock carb on the '04/'05 is different.

:D

I know that! His question concerned a 04\05..

Mitch yours has a 162 main and I just picked up your cam:eek2:

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
**** yes for curtis sparks, how late you gonna be at your shop tonight jimmy

honda350r
11-04-2005, 12:54 PM
**** yes for curtis sparks, how late you gonna be at your shop tonight jimmy

Dark thirty:D I can't do yours tonight.. The Red one on the lift is getting a new cam and pipe tonight..

bcb
11-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
Someone put a 200 main in it.. I left it in cause it looked like it was buring well..

You have the same cam as Spence?

Well not the same cam, Spence has some $$$ if ya know what I mean but what I was meaning was that we both have a cam and a piston. I took mine down to dumont and it hauled but brang it back here cant get it to run that great. Workin on it tonight to see if I can figure it out Ive swithed from a dyno jet to a stock carb jet and something went wrong. Were you the one that got that sparks pipe for Jamison for his black R before he went to Dumont last weekend. Im just finally hearing your name around I think all my friends go to you that dont have CJ do there work

honda350r
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by bcb
Well not the same cam, Spence has some $$$ if ya know what I mean but what I was meaning was that we both have a cam and a piston. I took mine down to dumont and it hauled but brang it back here cant get it to run that great. Workin on it tonight to see if I can figure it out Ive swithed from a dyno jet to a stock carb jet and something went wrong. Were you the one that got that sparks pipe for Jamison for his black R before he went to Dumont last weekend. Im just finally hearing your name around I think all my friends go to you that dont have CJ do there work

First of all,your quad will never run like it does at Dumont 900ft.. The dunes in St.George are like 3500 ft ..

Who is CJ ??

bcb
11-04-2005, 01:33 PM
CJ Jessop he just puts bikes together out of his garage helps out his friends. Collin Jessop is his cousin rides a 250r that you built the first time.

2006trx450r
11-04-2005, 04:05 PM
You have alot a ****ing **** in your Shop bro but not one 06 i 'll bring my 06 in for decoration next week sometime people need to take better care of their plastics that 250r has got the best plastics (shiny wise) in that pic.... sad but i'll call you before bringin to make sure there is ****in room

eagertorace
11-04-2005, 07:49 PM
i went to a .164 but i think i am gonna go higher after the cam and i got a sparks needle that Jim at interwest is gonna put on when we do the cam i think. but take the lid off, cut out the screen on your metal filter beneith your main filter and you'll fill an incredible difference, let me know if that quickshot makes a diff and how much it costed you

the d##n quickshot didn't help it:grr:
I'll try adjusting on the air/fuel screw tomorrow and maybe open it up to see if this helps.