PDA

View Full Version : Clutch update kit

dober250R
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
I have an 86 motor with the clutch update kit. I went to change my clutch and I seem to have been missing the washer that sits either on top of or behind the bearing that sits right behind the pressure plate. Does the washer sit on top of or behind the bearing? When i say behind i mean farthest away from the pressure plate with the bearing between it and the pressure plate. Does anyone know where I can just buy that washer? I know it's a hardened washer and I have all the dim's, but mcmaster carr and msc supply don't have anything in that thickness. And the thickness is the most important dimension on something like that. No wonder why my clutch cable was adjusted all the way out. A lil help here would be great.

250r4life
11-03-2005, 03:29 PM
are you sure? i did the same thing this summer when i put a whole new clutch in, it was driving me nuts cuz i couldnt find that little washer and i new i had everything that was in there, and i my bike had never been touched before me so i knew someone else hadnt replaced it. turned out it was stuck to pressure plate on the outside of it instead of being next to that bearing on that clutch lifter. try looking there...

dober250R
11-03-2005, 03:53 PM
i'm sure it's not stuck to anything and it's not in there anywhere. It just wasn't in there, i'm 100% sure of this. I had someone else put my clutch together the last time.

jon370r
11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
That washer sits between the bearing and the pressure plate. It's what the bearing rides on instead of the aluminum of the pressure plate. It is basicly the outer bearing race. I have no idea where you would buy one other than Honda. I made one from a hardened washer and had it ground on a B/S surface grinder to the right thickness.

beerock
11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
yea you need the oem piece form honda, if you put to thick of a washer in there it will allow your clutch to not fully engage and will cause premature slippage.

dober250R
11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
thanks fellas