PDA

View Full Version : 06 yfz exhaust

bandito
11-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I know this question is asked over and over again and its boring, but i just needs some help on picking a really good exhaust for my 06yfz, money isnt a problm or looks am just looking for power gain!! i was looking at som lrdz but aparently ther other wy better exhaust??? help:(:(

400exrider0004
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
sparks looks good and performs very well

bandito
11-03-2005, 11:38 AM
nahhh i dnt tink sparks look good actually, but if it has a good amount of horsepower gain then ill probz go for it, how bout hmf, yoshi or rossier i heard rossier are really goodd... but i dont get wat so special bout ther exhausts makes it so good

h400exrydr
11-03-2005, 01:02 PM
yoshi is a great application to anything....the carbon fiber tri oval is killer looking too!!

bandito
11-03-2005, 01:06 PM
nah dont like yoshi herd a lot of stuff bout yoshiz... i saw a dual exhaust called Looney Tuned Exhausts(LTE) lol i know its sounds ridiculous but they say you get 12hp gain out of it???

BlasterEaten250
11-03-2005, 04:49 PM
LTE actually puts out less hp than the rest, Their is a pipe shootout in a somewhat recent dirtwheels. I would check into that.

bandito
11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
i just read it, but its mostly about cheking out the loudness of da pipes azwell, but they concluded that the dubach is da best slip on exhaust for da yfz!!! but if u dont care about how loud it is and legal rights they said da ESR was probably da best... tanx for da info man :) my mission is acomplished Dubach here i come hehe or is ther anyone that disagreez???

MarkyNark
11-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
LTE actually puts out less hp than the rest, Their is a pipe shootout in a somewhat recent dirtwheels. I would check into that.

That dirtwheels pipe shootout was no shootout. It was simply a revisit of a previous shootout to include the LTE, the other exhaust systems werent even truely compared to each other at the same time. Just my opinion, but if you are concerned about noise, NO OTHER EXHAUST PRODUCES MORE HP AT 98DB THAN THE LTE DUALS FOR THE YFZ ... P E R I O D. That being said, if you dont care about noise, there are plenty of exhaust systems that produce better HP results. Those include LRD, Sparks and others.

bandito
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
THANK U, man i needed som1 to say that... hehe tanx for all da info guyz im just gona go for da LTE if not go for da sparks.. :):)

04'400ex'er
11-03-2005, 07:40 PM
hey dank- you man.:p

Carl_YFZ
11-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Buy a Akrapovic full system.

Titanium and carbon-fiber.

Huge torque.
:devil:

It's a gradual taper design exhaust(more effecient than a step-tubeing design)

I've installed one on my 06 and it pulls stronger than any of my friend's YFZ 06, and they have Alba,LRD,Yosh,HMF and a N-motion exhaust systems. The Yosh is the closest one tough.

It's available trough parts unlimited and steen hanssen.

Carl_YFZ
11-04-2005, 06:43 AM
And it's rated at 98Db and 48Hp on a stock bike.:devil: :muscle: :devil:

And you can remove the noise reducer to get more top-end.:D
It's rated at 100Db without the noise reducer.:rolleyes:

MarkyNark
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM
What standards were used when the DB levels were measured?

1) What RPM was the YFZ at?
2) How far back was the DB Meter from the exhaust?
3) At what angle was the DB meter from the exhaust?
4) Was it tested on the sand or in the parking lot?

You have to be really casefull when you claim DB levels on ATVs. This is the same mistake Dirt Wheels did - They did the "I Think its louder than the one we tested 3 months ago" ear test.

Look, Im all for a performance exhaust thats quiet. But I would like to know how they actually tested the levels. LTE has been pretty up front with thier tests, allowing Park Rangers to perform the tests per their standards.

bandito
11-04-2005, 10:20 AM
100dbzzz omg thats too lound.. i tink am just gona stik to LTE they bbaadaaaaaassss i saw a predator with them it looked siiik..