PDA

View Full Version : crf450 motor

MX MadMann
06-20-2002, 12:41 AM
hey guys , did the AMA or whoever sanctions GNC races change the 4 stroke limit again?? tim farr is running the crf450 motor and i was wondering how he can be legal. did he get a resleeve kit and a smaller piston ? or maby a de-stroker ( just made that word up) crank of some kind? this question has been pestering me.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 05:22 AM
he had to sleeve it down.

beyer05
06-20-2002, 06:03 AM
Hey razorback, do you ride the pro class in the TQRA's? Was you at Village creek last weekend?

Razorback
06-20-2002, 07:22 AM
ha, yeah, i wish i could hang with those guys. i do run tqra, but i run 4-stroke open and open amateur. yes, i was there last weekend. were you? if so, what do you ride in?

beyer05
06-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I finished 5th or 6th in the pro class. I was on the 250R (#5). My girlfriend was one of the 2 400EX's in the beginner class wreck in the 2nd moto. She got pretty banged up. That was by far the coolest track I have ever raced.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 08:57 AM
yeah, i remember you. you're from broken arrow, right? i have some friends that live up there. anyway, did you hit that big double? it seems like i remember the first 6 or 7 riders hitting it. that was a nasty jump. the lip wasn't steep enough for me to try it :D it didn't look that bad from the side, but when you got on top of it, it was a whole different story. a tabletop that size wouldn't have been too bad, but i didn't want to face plant into it.

yeah, that track was awesome. very fast track with room for passing. that kind of track makes me want to do some motor work to my 400. i've done all the suspension and axle work, so i'm just trying to learn to ride better, then will do some motor work this winter.

i love watching you guys ride in the pro class. just some amazing riding and racing. sorry to hear your gf was in that mess. it was pretty bad. i hope she's all better soon. are ya'll coming down for any more tqra races? the next race at weatherford will be a totally different track. lots o' jumps and a very tight track, but very well groomed. it has some split areas for different paths for passing. hope you can make it down. i'd love to meet you.

i've got a few videos and pictures posted and more to come from the village creek race. i don't know if i got you in the ones that are up yet, but you may be in the next round. hopefully, i'll have them up soon. they are here: http://scottandbiccy.com/quad/racing/tqra_village_06152002/tqra_village_06152002.html

btw, me and some buddies are heading over to little sahara this weekend (friday - sunday) if you want to come.

later...

beyer05
06-20-2002, 09:24 AM
I was going to go to the dunes this weekend, but decided to go race instead. I don't think I will make the next TQRA, but I will be back this year. I did hit that double at Village creek. That was a sweet jump, but I would not want to come up short. See you at the races.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 09:30 AM
good luck at your race. i'll definitely look for you at future tqra races. later...