PDA

View Full Version : From stock to 50HP rear wheel

BigVince
11-03-2005, 12:58 AM
I know i'm asking you guys to speculate here... but this is the net... so lets do what we do.

What's the fastest method to get to the 50 rear wheel HP.

I guess i'm asking for a list of which componets each of you like that would get the job done.

Man i can only imagine where this thread is going to go

450r51
11-03-2005, 04:50 AM
port and polish, cam, full exhaust, jet it right, air filter, take lid off, high compression piston, this is for a 450r and i think it can get u to 50 r whp and prolly more

OKTRX450R
11-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Give me some more parameters...is money no object? Do you want to run race gas? Do you want to do the work yourself or pay someone?

Money no object and you want it done...call DASA, he will walk you through the options.

Want to do it yourself? I would get a VCP HH hi-comp piston, have your head done by Mixxer, Boone, or DASA. Install a Pulse Charger, new Intake, and you should be there.

Or, get a VCP 480 kit, head, PC, intake...you are there.

I think you already have the HRC cam...

BigVince
11-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Money isn't really an object as much as i just don't like to spend more than i need to. I have it... i just don't like to spend it that easily.

I guess when i started this thread i was looking for a list of shops and products that each of you guys would use to get the R up to that 50rwhp.

I'll put all the bolt on parts in myself... the port work and such will be done by a professional.

oh yeah.. stock bore.

kgbg
11-03-2005, 09:18 AM
What do you already have?
Lets build from there.

BigVince
11-03-2005, 10:45 AM
well i'd like to assume we were building from a stock 04.

I actually have the HRC Kit installed but i wanted to get your opinions from a clean slate point of view.

RedRacer44
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
50 RW HP? Hmm, gonna spend a lil' bit of $$$ to reach this but it can be easily done.

Just from my experience with the MX motors we've built that are throwing out +50HP on a consistent basis.....these are the components:

-Full Exhaust (had our best luck with Sparks and White Bros)
-Filter
-Full Jetting
-High Comp Piston (CP 14:1, JE 13:1, JE 13.8:1)
-Cam (MegaCycle, WebCam, HRC, Stage2 HotCam)
-FCR Carb (40MM FCR off the CRF bike)
-CRF Ignition
-HeadWork (Porting, Valves, etc) (We have local guy do our motors but any of big name guys like DASA, Sparks, etc will work)

Thats just what we have found to work to get the TRX motor up to 50 HP, there's A LOT of different routes you could go though to reach the 50 HP mark. Its pretty much all the same basic components....just different manufacters of pipes, pistons, cams, etc. Some of the things might not be necessary like the FCR carb, CRF Ignition, or really extensive headwork being done. Just depends.....

You can call Johnny at JH Racing,(918)371-0101 to find out in more detail about the above component list....

BigVince
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks.. i appreciate the post.

I've heard of DASA.. although i have no idea who they are or how to get ahold of them... but you've pretty much confirmed what i was thinking.

one question about the pistons you mentioned.. .all of those pistons need to be ran on Race Fuel correct.

Is it not posssible to get to that 50 rwhp on 91 octane.

kgbg
11-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Picka pipe, I like the PC, Rossier is nice, so is the Sparks.
I like a HH 13.75, I bet the Baldwin 14:1 will do the trick as well.
HRC cam is good enough to get to 50.
Get an ignition, Dyna, Vortex, or CRF.
Ported head , VCP, Dasa, DAB, Baldwin have good reps as far as I am concerned.
Stock carb cab get you there, but I like a big Lectron or a big FCR>
I have put together a few of these and its a 50 wheel engine.

bwamos
11-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by BigVince
I've heard of DASA.. although i have no idea who they are or how to get ahold of them...

Dasa is a site sponsor.. just go down the their forum. ;)

RedRacer44
11-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BigVince

one question about the pistons you mentioned.. .all of those pistons need to be ran on Race Fuel correct.

Is it not posssible to get to that 50 rwhp on 91 octane.

In response to that, I'm not sure to be honest with ya. We've always accepted the fact that if you're gonna drop the $$$ to build a serious motor.......might as well run some good fuel through it. Know what I mean?

I believe you'll be pressed to get 50HP without having to run race fuel, but I could be wrong :rolleyes:

OKTRX450R
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I know DASA is working on a mid 50's pump gas engine...he told me that about a month or so ago...

RedRacer44
11-03-2005, 12:45 PM
hey man, you ride out at Sand Valley in Bartlesville any? They're having open practice out there this weekend I guess? I was gonna try and go but got a bachlor party to go to :devil: