PDA

View Full Version : Magura clutch

harebounder
06-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I just put my magura clutch on does it matter what side you have your locking nut i have mine on the clutch arm side i see that jhallet has his on the slave side from and old post. Let me know if you guys think it matters. Pulls consistent have to wait and see until i can get out and ride with it. Directions suck like a photo copy can't even see what the pictures are it's to dark. Did you run yours by your frame or through your eyelets were your stock cable went i have alot of slack with mine. Did your guys have this much. Let me know what your suggestions are.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 05:30 AM
hey - i just installed mine last week. i put my lock nut on the slave cylinder side, but i don't know if it matters. it's kinda tough to get a wrench on it. i don't know if i've got mine adjusted correctly down at the slave cylinder, but it works.

i also ran the cable down in front of the oil tank along the frame and then up from the bottom to the slave cylinder connector. i was told to do it like this to keep it as far away from the head pipes as possible.

by the way, i raced with mine on saturday and it is flat out awesome. there was no arm pump at all due to the clutch, and i used to get it consistently. the feel is responsive too. you won't be disappointed.

harebounder
06-20-2002, 07:20 PM
I practiced with it tonight and it worked great. I think i will run it by the frame just to be sure. doesn't seem like it moved how i have it set now but better safe than sorry.

Did you just nylon tie it to your frame.

Razorback
06-20-2002, 08:32 PM
i used zip ties, but where i tied it, i wrapped some electrical tape around the cable to cut down on any possible wear on the cable. probably not the best solution, but it worked in a pinch.