PDA

View Full Version : TRX90 DG nerf fitment problem

VIGILANTE MAN
11-02-2005, 04:01 PM
I always heard DG products were junk and now I have the joy of experiencing it first hand. It's to be expected that aftermarket stuff may need to be tweaked a bit, but this is ridiculous.
I've done enough modifications to these things just to get them to fit together (let alone fit the quad) that I can't return them.

The problem I have now is that the nerf cross bar runs right were the header pipe is. Granted the pipe is a Big Gun, but I can't see there being much difference between it and the stock one.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you deal with it? I know I've seen pictures of the llittle Honda with a Big Gun exhaust and DG nerf bars mounted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

250rider1
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
my brothers went on fine. idk wat it could be.???

VIGILANTE MAN
11-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Do you know what kind of exhaust he had? Were his nerf bars the version that allowed him to keep the stock heel guards?

Pappy
11-02-2005, 04:25 PM
we just gave the cross bar a small pop with a hammer to indent the area to clear the pipe.

VIGILANTE MAN
11-02-2005, 04:42 PM
That's so simple it's brilliant! All I could think of was milling an arc out of it and welding a curved plate back in. Thanks Pappy.

ROBBSRACING
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah we had the same problem on Robbies TRX. I did as Pappy suggested and heated the tube a bit and dented it in. I hated doing it but it works. Be sure to give it a fair amount of clearance though. The first time i only had about a quater inch between the cross tube and the pipe and somehow the pipe got dented. The second time with a new pipe :mad: i made sure to leave more space. Rath Racing is working on some trick new pro-peg nerfs for the TRX 90 and i made it a point to tell him about that problem also. His sons quad has my pipe on it and thats the quad he is using for the mock up. Im sure they will fit nice. They will also be made much wider than the DG nerfs for those of us with a bit wider stance.

212racing
11-02-2005, 05:47 PM
hey guys

cut down the mounts to the foot peg. the nerfs will fit
farther onto them, the bars slide closer the footpegs
then redrill the hole on the nerfs. they fit like 3 inches
farther back on the frame so it will clear the pipe without
bending anything.

keith

KILLER EX
11-02-2005, 09:00 PM
here is my daughters with big gun pipe and dg nerfs that keep the heel guards they went on in minutes with no problems

ROBBSRACING
11-03-2005, 06:00 AM
KILLER EX
Those nerfs are different than the ones we were talking about. DG has a couple different ones.

VIGILANTE MAN
11-03-2005, 06:28 AM
Actually KILLER EX's daughter's set-up is the same as I'm dealing with.

Keith - Are these they same type you have?

212racing
11-03-2005, 07:41 AM
no
mine are the same ones robb is talking about

i thought the kind above they had that problem taken care of
sorry i have not dealt with that model

sorry

keith

this style is what robb and are talking about

cody anderson
11-03-2005, 08:05 AM
Here's Rath Racings new ones... They're basically the same as the big bikes. It has the integrated/removeable foot peg, the Phanton heel gaurds, and the foot peg itself is laser cut out of stainless steel. Basically, it's trick as all get out. Plus really light!

VIGILANTE MAN
11-03-2005, 08:25 AM
The Rath nerfs look really nice. Any idea how much they are going for?

JenniferRath
11-03-2005, 08:56 AM
We are going to offer them in three versions-
pictures - propeg nerfs w/ net heelguards $325.00
Pro-peg nerfs/ w solid built in heelguards $275.00
and just the pro peg nerfs /no heelguard $240.00

The TRX90 are a bolt on pro-peg nerf with removable stainless steel footpegs- we do offer nerfs for other minis like Pred 90- Kymco- etc but they are weld on.

212racing
11-03-2005, 09:29 AM
sweet set

without a doubt the set to have

KevinAb
03-02-2014, 01:21 PM

I'm having fitment issues with these DG nerfs too. Looks like with this style I have to ditch the stock heel guard plastic, which I didn't want to do. These may be getting returned.

VIGILANTE MAN
03-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Dang, this is an old thread!! If I remember correctly, I had to modify the heel guards also. I never did get them to fit properly. The quad was sold off a long time ago, lol.