PDA

View Full Version : kenda klaw tires not seating? wtf?

trX250eXmXr28
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
alright ive had these kenda klaw mxr's for bout a month.. and there awsome tires.. i went riding on sunday and they were fine.. and then i go and look at my quad today and i got a flat right rear :wtf: ... alright no biggie pump it up iwth aair throw some tires slime in there quick fix right? RONG!!!!! i go back bout 3 hours later flat again... it seems to me at the tire is not seated on the outside of the rim.. but :wtf: they have been fine... ive been pumping it up close to 15 psi to seat it (thats wut the tire says ) but it jus wont seat.. what should i do?

reichart90
11-02-2005, 05:43 PM
try putting a ratchet strap around the diameter of the tire thereby squeezing the crosstread out then try to get the bead to seal by pumping air into it. i read about doing this. sounds like it should work. you could try some EZbead too.

also maybe ur rims are bent?

Scro
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Try putting some liquid soap around the bead so that it is slippery with about 25 pounds. If that doesn't work, put the strap to it, as stated before.

shorgasm
11-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Take it to a tire store and let them mount it with strong fast air...They charge like nothing..I just tip the Goodyear guy $5 a tire..takes two minutes.;)

kbass24emtp
11-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Look to see if the rim is bent, or you might have some dirt between the bead.

Jersey450R
11-02-2005, 10:06 PM
spray some ether around the bead and light that baby! works every time!

Leschj03
11-03-2005, 02:39 AM
i had the same prob, i had a butt load of dirt in the bead. so i took the tire off and cleane it and to set the bead it take the valve core out so the air will go into the tire faster and the air will come out fast so it doesnt blow up or hurt the tire, put the core back in and fill to desired psi. my 2 cents on setting bead works for me and its also the way that i set semi tire beads

11-06-2005, 06:44 PM
i had that problum too. after i got the one front one to hold air if i would hit hard it would go flat. what i did is sprade water on the tire n could see wear the air was coming out so i took a sludge hamer n hit the eges of the rim till no more air would come out. it kept air for about 6 months but its doin it again now so i have to do it again cuz now its so bad for the one tire that it wont hold air longer than 5 minuts but my rims got bent side ways a week ago so that could be the problum y it started up again. must be a kenda problum or sumthin but on r rapter the back holeshot xct tires dont hold air either n i have a car shop put all my tires on.

Scro
11-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by blue450yo
i had that problum too. after i got the one front one to hold air if i would hit hard it would go flat. what i did is sprade water on the tire n could see wear the air was coming out so i took a sludge hamer n hit the eges of the rim till no more air would come out. it kept air for about 6 months but its doin it again now so i have to do it again cuz now its so bad for the one tire that it wont hold air longer than 5 minuts but my rims got bent side ways a week ago so that could be the problum y it started up again. must be a kenda problum or sumthin but on r rapter the back holeshot xct tires dont hold air either n i have a car shop put all my tires on.

So you took a hammer and beat in the rim where it was leaking:huh

JOEX
11-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by blue450yo
:huh
Sounds more like a problem with bent rims or crud getting between the rim and tire:ermm:

hondarider2006
11-07-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by bama450r

I have had done that before....what can I say, douglas rims are cheap :devil:

EvilJester400EX
11-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Take the tires off of the rims. Once you have done this, coat the bead of the tire with waterproof grease. Now, mount the tires back on the rims - this should create a seal between the 2.

11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
it sealed the bead.

Originally posted by bama450r

tater_kamik
11-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I have had done that before....what can I say, douglas rims are cheap :devil:

im guilty of doing this before too, screw it when you are out and want to keep riding!:D