PDA

View Full Version : 400ex aftermarket oil cooler??

deejayeb
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know of a supercharged(for the lack of a better term) oil cooler for the 400ex? I have the stock one and its not keeping my engine cool enough. If you guys know of anything, or any suggestions - please hit me up - Im runnning a 440ex with a big bore kit with lots of engine upgrades and its just running hotter than I would like.

thanks

MarkyNark
11-02-2005, 12:46 PM
I use the ACE oil cooler/tank. It really keeps the engine cooler. It has air flow holes through the tank along with cooling fins inside. Its also bead blasted to allow the surface to cool more. It also comes with some very cool braided oil lines and anodized aluminum fittings.

Its available from Duncan Racing.

Take it from a guy that runs a 460 with Nitrous - it really does work!

F-16Guy
11-02-2005, 01:21 PM
You want a Four Stroke Tech type cooler. It re-routes the oil as it comes out of the filter housing. Instead of the oil then going up the passage in the side of the hot cylinder and through the cam, the FST setup diverts the oil through a secondary cooler (the stock cooler remains in place), and then the cooled oil goes directly to the cam. It makes a big difference, especially since there is so much friction and heat generated by the radial valve design of the head. It does require you to remove the rocker cover and clutch cover to have the fittings installed, but it is well worth it.