PDA

View Full Version : Removed s/a on 300ex

Lil90man!!
06-19-2002, 09:32 PM
Hey i got bored so i decided it was time to remove the spark arrestor on my bike. after like an hour of careful grinding with a small dremel tool i finally got the welds all broken loose, then it took a few mins of prying with a screwdriver to presuade it to come out, but now it has a lot throatier sound to it, and isn't overly loud(but i have to put it back in to ride it at any local riding area) but for around my house where i ride 9/10ths of the the time its good, it has a bit more throttle response and has a better top end now:D but i have a question i ran it for a lil while bout 20 mins or so and did a plug check the plug was whitish gray and as it got farther away from the end i guess you'd say it got black at the very bottom, it didn't have any brownish to it is it lean??? it didn't cut out at all anywhere like on top and it defiantly wasn't richso is it ok? i'm gonna put a filter in it before long and will pry have to bump it up a few sizes but is it ok for now?? thanks

300EX
06-19-2002, 10:58 PM
this has nothin to do with anything, but how did you remove the reverse rev limiter? And where is it?

Lil90man!!
06-19-2002, 11:15 PM
all it is is a wire running from(when your sitting on the quad)on the right is 2 wires that goes down along the engine into the side of the engine case there should be two wires, follow one back and it should run along the frame back into the wiring harness back under the seat cut the wire here and take the side where it comes outta the wiring harness ground it to some spot on the frame and poof no more reverse rev limiter, you can pull the wire down into the enigne all the way off if you want or just tape it to the frame if ya want