PDA

View Full Version : maijuana legalized

Raptor_Andy
11-02-2005, 11:04 AM
They legalize the possession of maijuana here in Colorado up to an ounce of it if you are over the age of 21

Woodsrider
11-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Is this for medical use or for everyone?
How do they tell if its for personal use, or if you have the "intent to distribute"?

wilkin250r
11-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
How do they tell if its for personal use, or if you have the "intent to distribute"?

Up to an ounce. Not much if you plan on distribution.

iceracer65
11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
hopefully the govt. doesnt get involved.

weed prices would spike more than gas prices.

Honda4trax250x
11-02-2005, 11:40 AM
got a link?

bansheeguy77
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
ive been following this story...even tho i have never smoked in my life. it is now legal to have up to an ounce in your posession, however it is still illegal to purchase it....doesnt have to be medical use....it all can be for personal use....so i dont really get it...being its illegal to sell, but ok to have.

wilkin250r
11-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
ive been following this story...even tho i have never smoked in my life. it is now legal to have up to an ounce in your posession, however it is still illegal to purchase it....doesnt have to be medical use....it all can be for personal use....so i dont really get it...being its illegal to sell, but ok to have.

Actually, I think this is common in Alaska, and has been for years. It's illegal to sell, but not illegal to posess. Everybody grows their own.

Thombuoy
11-02-2005, 12:25 PM
This is crazy. I get it, but it sounds weird. Illegal to sell, legal to have. Gotta text (T9 Fast Text (http://www.textfast.t9.com)) to my toker friends. They'll love this. Guess I'll be visiting Colorado soon. :devil:

Mxjunkie
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
What about PA? I need some money :p

devildriver422
11-02-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77

Yeah and at the High Times Harvest Festivals around here we can bring in as much weed as we want, but can't sell it. They allow shrooms, acid, just about anything except nitrous and "powders" but some guards dont care.

ballisticpb
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
yes the city passed it but did the state... will the state law
supersede the city?

Killa250ex
11-02-2005, 01:14 PM
I didnt believe it till I just saw it on CNN! :bandit:

Matt37
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I think it is a good move.

Imagine if our government regulated and taxed dope like they do alcohol.

Imagine how many millions of dollars they would make off of moron pot heads in this country.

And with the amount of trouble alcohol causes in the country, pot probably would not even be as bad.

Killa250ex
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
I wonder if people are going to start getting busted for high driving instead of drunk driving, lol

Hondadudeehhhh
11-02-2005, 01:17 PM
i know in ann arbor we have "hash bash" and thats liek the only time to togally have weed. Its on like native american land or something and that's why it's legal to have a festival like that. I dont know, personally i dont think weed is much worse than alcohol except it gets people into more hard core drugs.

Killa250ex
11-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
i know in ann arbor we have "hash bash" and thats liek the only time to togally have weed. Its on like native american land or something and that's why it's legal to have a festival like that. I dont know, personally i dont think weed is much worse than alcohol except it gets people into more hard core drugs.

haha, yeah, the hash bash...been there, done that

bansheeguy77
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Actually, I think this is common in Alaska, and has been for years. It's illegal to sell, but not illegal to posess. Everybody grows their own.

never said anything about that being im not educated on that topic. i am only speaking about the whole colorado issue...isnt it only in denver as well? or is it the entire state?

400exrules
11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
idk about that, because marijuana is legal in california, but its illegal because of federal law, so you cant have it

Quad18star
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
It's been legal here in Canada for a few years now . Legal to have up to 30 grams ... illegal to sell or have it wrapped in weighed portions . It was a big thing when it was first legalized ... now you don't hear about it much anymore . And no not everyone is walking around stoned !! :)

MR.BIG
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I think they should legalize everywhere it is no worse than alcohol.

Quad18star
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
I think they should legalize everywhere it is no worse than alcohol.

It's safer than alcohol , safer than cigarettes , safer than half the meds your doctor prescribes !!!:cool:

Killa250ex
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
They would I think If the gov't could regulate it and tax it, but theres no way they could, so they just get you in trouble for it b/c they cant get a cut from it

Im sure good ole Bush smoked a few back in the day

11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
its kinda dumb.. if u can only get it by planting it?!

If u grow one plant ull have more than an ounce

Wonder if they will start making pot breathalizers :devil:

Killa250ex
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01

http://www.americarx.com/ProductImages/confectionary/candy/804948.jpg

Quad18star
11-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
its kinda dumb.. if u can only get it by planting it?!

If u grow one plant ull have more than an ounce

Regualtions up here , are that you can't have a plant more than a few feet tall ... which isn't going to produce very much . You're also only allowed to possess a couple of plants .

As far as the method of testing if its in your system ... all they do is draw a little bit of blood from your finger and do an on-the-spot test .... very similar to the test a diabetic performs on themself . It'll show if you have it in your system .

DEAL
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It's safer than alcohol , safer than cigarettes , safer than half the meds your doctor prescribes !!!:cool:

Except it makes you stupid and lazy.

Honda400exrox
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh

you sir are an idiot i know tonnes of ppl that smoke weed, and they dont do hardcore drugs, people that think pot is a gate way drug are morons, it doesnt make you think "oh i want some crack"

Quad18star
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
Except it makes you stupid and lazy.

I dunno about that one . You'd be amazed at who smokes pot . Many people that you wouldn't think .. like Doctors , Lawyers , people that run this country , your neighbours and some people on this website . :devil:

Honda400exrox
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I dunno about that one . You'd be amazed at who smokes pot . Many people that you wouldn't think .. like Doctors , Lawyers , people that run this country , your neighbours and some people on this website . :devil:

my high school is the highest rated drug highschool in its district, and its a small town with about 5000-6000 people, and we dont even have 1 black kid in our school

BLAZZIN
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
HERE IS A NEWS WEBSITE IN DENVER WHERE YOU CAN READ UP ON IT. AND BY THE WAY IT IS ONLY LEAGALIZED FOR PRIVATE USE IN YOU'RE HOME, BUT STILL THE STATE AND FEDERAL GOVT ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT THIS BEFORE IT IS ALL SAID AN DONE, BUT IN MY OPINION I THINK IT IS THE BEST THING THEY COULD HAVE DONE TO DECRIMINALIZE IT HERE IN COLORADO DENVER SPACIFICALLY
FOX31.COM