PDA

View Full Version : drag race question

bansheeguy77
11-02-2005, 10:54 AM
alright i have a buddy who has been talkin crap ( im sure hes going to read this) anyway.....i just got an 06 yfz he has an 05 trx 450. first he said it was all stock and would smoke me in a drag....then he tells me he has a filter thats it...then also its jetted...now he also has a high comp wiseco piston. so how bad is it going to be? im hoping there is possibility i can win. i can drag, i have never lost in a drag yet...starting with my banshee haha...i even beat lil joshies wimpy 409 :eek: :cool: my quad is all stock...would taking air box lid off help? or would i have to jet then? thanks for the info.

nowukno
11-02-2005, 11:18 AM
What compression is the piston he installed?

MR.BIG
11-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Does he have a pipe and cam because that's what really wakes them up. I find it hard to believe that if he has a hi-comp piston in it he didn't change the cam. Take off the airbox lid and rejet it, it should help. Good luck

bansheeguy77
11-02-2005, 11:47 AM
oh yea forgot to add that...he has a crf cam, and 13:1 piston...stock pipe i beleive tho

tater_kamik
11-02-2005, 12:18 PM
has the stock pipe with an high comp piston and cam? seems like he would have an pipe on it before he did anything internal to the engine...:confused:

devildriver422
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
if he has the cam, piston, and filter I think he'd be about exactly even with you, it depends more on the rider. If you got a pipe, even a slip-on, and a filter then rejet youd win

bansheeguy77
11-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by devildriver422
if he has the cam, piston, and filter I think he'd be about exactly even with you, it depends more on the rider. If you got a pipe, even a slip-on, and a filter then rejet youd win

tater, he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed lol...naah i think he just wants to keep it quiet because he likes going riding at 2 a.m.

if it comes down to rider skill i know i will win, i was going to run out and get an hmf, k&n and jet kit but my funds are running short at the moment...oh well thanks for the confidence tho :cool: i will be sure to fill ya's in of the results

EXtremeEXer50
11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
now im not positive but with the 04's and 05's the cam can be retarded. im not sure about the 06's but if they can be get it done and he wont touch u no matter what. if u do it though put a air filter on it and jet it.