PDA

View Full Version : Gt Thunder Rev Box Types???

Dizing400ex
11-02-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey guys,

I know that there are two types of the GT Thunder Rev box for the 05 400ex...

Can you help me out?

Ive heard that the more aggressive rev box revs to 10,500 and makes it idle a little bit rough.... True???

What the difference between the aggressive and the "normal" gt thunder rev box????

which one do you recommend???

thanks,
Dustin

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Dizing400ex
Hey guys,

I know that there are two types of the GT Thunder Rev box for the 05 400ex...

Can you help me out?

Ive heard that the more aggressive rev box revs to 10,500 and makes it idle a little bit rough.... True???

What the difference between the aggressive and the "normal" gt thunder rev box????

which one do you recommend???

thanks,
Dustin I actually got to test BOTH rev boxes and to be honest, the one that he claims runs a little rougher really didnt run rough at all IMO!!
It depends on what your application is for ,but We didnt notice TOO MUCH of a difference between them both , I still have my Rev box and I have never had one single problem with it and its going on two years now :)

benbuilt4u
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM
i want to know if either still has the revlimiter for reverse. my buddy got one without it and ended up flipping in reverse.

cals400ex
11-02-2005, 05:56 PM
the average person does not drag race in reverse, so i wouldn't really care if it still had it or not. i have tried both rev boxes on older 400ex's. the aggressive curve box does idle a bit irratic. it is not bad though. it is a little harder to start and the bike wont want to idle the best when cold. if you plug that cdi in and listen to the exhaust and then plug the stock one back in you will notice a difference in idle. its really not a big deal. i COULD tell a difference in throttle response with that box though. the less aggressive curve box idles like stock, but with the added rev limit.