PDA

View Full Version : cylinder spacer

rockman
11-02-2005, 06:28 AM
ok i just want to make sure i got this right. I have a 87 cylinder with a 86 piston. i bought the nac's 4mm spacer and stud kit. just wanting to make sure this is the right set up, it feels ok but i haven't had a chance to check compression yet, will probably do that tonight. thanks

beerock
11-02-2005, 06:59 AM
if your running a 86 crank then you have to take the spacer out. if your running a 87-89 crank then your fine

rockman
11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
ya i forgot about that part it is a complete 87 motor. just makin sure thanks man

wilkin250r
11-02-2005, 10:47 AM
The 87 crank and 86 piston combination should require a spacer plate.

It amazes me how many people will work on their motors without knowing exactly what they are doing. They heard from somewhere that a long rod needs a spacer plate, but have no idea exactly what to look for when assembling their motor. They just assume that these parts all fit together, and never bother to check deck height, squish, compression, or any other parameters that are essential to a top-running motor.

velocityatv
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Or you can do away with the spacer plate and use a wiseco racers choice piston. They run really well. That's what I run. They eliminate the boost port on these, runs great with high comp and good porting.