PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor nerf bar installation???

QuadJunkies
11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
I am getting ready to install my new Nerfs from Pro Armor and they didint come with any instructions on installation?? :rolleyes:
I have had the nerfs before, but they worked with the stock pegs,these COME with the pegs. I have no idea how to install, or where to put the spacers???

Can someone tell me how to install??:confused: thanks!

key4202003
11-02-2005, 10:13 AM
start by taking off the FOOT PEGS, 14MM LOWER A ARM NUT AND BOLT CLOSEST TO THE ENGINE. INSTAL ONE SIDE WITH THE TAB IN THE A-ARM BOLT, THEN BOLT UP THE FOOT PEGS WITH THE NETS CLOSEST TO THE FRAME THEN PEGS, MIGHT WANNA GET LONGER BOLTS BUT ITS YER CHOICE. THE SPACERS GO INBETWEEN NERFS AND THE FOOT PEGS HORIZONTALY!!!! SANDWITCHED INBETWEEN. on yeah its easyer to adjust nets when they are wet...sorry about caps my bad.

IM SELLING SOME NERFS PROARMOR NOT BENT NO RIPS IN BLACK NETTING, JUST SOME DINGS FROM ROCKS HITTING IT...LET ME KNOW!! thanks josh

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by key4202003
start by taking off the FOOT PEGS, 14MM LOWER A ARM NUT AND BOLT CLOSEST TO THE ENGINE. INSTAL ONE SIDE WITH THE TAB IN THE A-ARM BOLT, THEN BOLT UP THE FOOT PEGS WITH THE NETS CLOSEST TO THE FRAME THEN PEGS, MIGHT WANNA GET LONGER BOLTS BUT ITS YER CHOICE. THE SPACERS GO INBETWEEN NERFS AND THE FOOT PEGS HORIZONTALY!!!! SANDWITCHED INBETWEEN. on yeah its easyer to adjust nets when they are wet...sorry about caps my bad.

IM SELLING SOME NERFS PROARMOR NOT BENT NO RIPS IN BLACK NETTING, JUST SOME DINGS FROM ROCKS HITTING IT...LET ME KNOW!! thanks josh thanks for the info!!!

So, did your come with instructions?? Does Pro Armor offer them if I was to call???

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:21 AM
nevermind... I call them and they are emailing me instuctions. They are suuposed to come with them she said :)

aviator4
11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Here, these might help.

Note the orientation of the black foot-peg insert that bolts to the frame.

aviator4
11-02-2005, 10:23 AM
Here's another overview photo. Yours should look like this, minus the sand of course... LOL

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:26 AM
thank you!

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Can I ask how you like the foot pegs?? They arent as aggressive as the ones I ran before.. I may try to fit my other peg on these and have some REALLY meat cleavers then :eek: :cool:

aviator4
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
At first, I thought the same thing, they weren't as agressive as the AC's they replaced, but I've been riding on them for the entire season now and actually think they do a BETTER job than the AC's It seems like the design of the "knurls" on the peg actually "locks" into the tread on my boot, allowing me to corner a little harder without the leg fatigue I was getting on my AC's. I have no complaints about these nerfs AT ALL. I have them on several of my quads now.

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by aviator4
At first, I thought the same thing, they weren't as agressive as the AC's they replaced, but I've been riding on them for the entire season now and actually think they do a BETTER job than the AC's It seems like the design of the "knurls" on the peg actually "locks" into the tread on my boot, allowing me to corner a little harder without the leg fatigue I was getting on my AC's. I have no complaints about these nerfs AT ALL. I have them on several of my quads now. this is our thrid set of Nerfs we have bought from Pro Armor too, my only complaint was the heel guards needed more inforcing at the weld, well... They now have that ! :)

These are the ones I was gonn add if need be they are just sitting around in my garage anyhow. I REALLY liked them, I had to file them down just a tad cause they ate right threw my boots! :eek2: :p