PDA

View Full Version : questions about Herrmann a arms install...

Glamis400ex
06-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Hi gang,

First of all, thanks to everyone who is helping me out on here. I got my LSR on successfully, thanks to a everyone here.

Now, I'm doing my +2 Herrmann Racing a arms. My question is, since the Herrmann's don't have bearings like the stockers, How much torque do I need to install properly. I snugged them up real good and tight like the stockers, but then they would hardly move up and down. Do I need to grease the outside edge of the bushings where it meets the bracket, or the inside where the bolt runs thru.... where???

Thanks again for all your help guys, I really appriciate it tremendously.

Glamis

Razorback
06-20-2002, 05:37 AM
i ran into the same thing with my housers. i did grease the bolt, but i don't know if it is necessary, it's just extra precaution. after mine were too tight, i backed the nut off a little, then got it snug again, but not too snug, but i also used blue lock tite on there to keep the nut on. i didn't have the lock tite on there at first and had one come a little loose.

i'm sure there's a good torque setting, but i just used feel. there seems to be a fine line between just right and too tight.

beerock
06-20-2002, 09:40 AM
well, first off the safest thing to invest in is lock nuts(with the nylon locker)

I use all stainless bolts with lock nuts on all my a arm bolts.

the arms have to break in a bit.
they will be stiff but thats good it adds a rebound sort of to your front end.
up to you though..

I think nylon lock nutz would be the best investment, cuz then you could have the bolt and nutz snug and not worry about the bolt backing out.