PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Wakeboard

trx400exxracer
11-01-2005, 08:31 PM
I got into wake boarding the begining of this summer no it is coming to an end we bought a jet ski and everthing it is real fun and keeps me in shape just wondering if anybody else wake boards

prepracing
11-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I wakeboarded the last 2 summers and love it, and if you do much of it at all u can feel it working you out all over. Its all good untill the unfortunate face first crashes into the water :devil: man do they hurt

trx400exxracer
11-01-2005, 09:09 PM
yeah especially the ones that are face first
I was pretty sore the first morning
have you ever tried wakbording behind a boat the wake is so awsome and more massive than a jet skis wake

redrider311
11-01-2005, 09:14 PM
hey its nice to see some other boarders here.. basically boarding and racing is my summer.. ive been boarding since 5th grade.. so about 7 years now... its definately my favorite hobby sometimes even over racing.. lol... heres the only pic i can find of me on my computer.. its not a very clear one.. this was at a local compettion..

this was me coming down after a tantrum.. lol and yes i did land this.. ill try to find some more inverted pics.. all of the good ones are photos so ill have to scan them on here..

good to see some fellow boarders :p http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-400ex-00-bikepics-416121.jpg

trx400exxracer
11-01-2005, 09:26 PM
sweet where do you live man I live in Eastman,GA we have had a couple competitions here

prepracing
11-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
hey its nice to see some other boarders here.. basically boarding and racing is my summer.. ive been boarding since 5th grade.. so about 7 years now... its definately my favorite hobby sometimes even over racing.. lol... heres the only pic i can find of me on my computer.. its not a very clear one.. this was at a local compettion..

this was me coming down after a tantrum.. lol and yes i did land this.. ill try to find some more inverted pics.. all of the good ones are photos so ill have to scan them on here..

good to see some fellow boarders :p http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-400ex-00-bikepics-416121.jpg

thats awesome, I just started being able to land jumps from wake to wake this past summer. Don't know if I'm ready for one of those flips yet ! I have 2 buddies that have actual ski boats with towers, ones a Coyote by Aztec boats and the other is a mastercraft that has the water ballast system where you can control the size of the wakes. When he makes them real big I have no chance of making the landing !

trx400exxracer
11-01-2005, 09:57 PM
We currently just got a Yamaha Jet Ski I don't know any tricks but I can jump wakes

tacundra
11-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I used to love wakeboarding behind my ski supreme with a filled queen size waterbed matress in it.....talk about a huge wake.

I am now 30 though and the old body just cant take it anymore.
Bi-lateral ACL and Meniscal tears ended my career:(

It was one of the best feelings to land that BIG invert, etc...but I think I would rather be able to walk later in life.

Moral of the story is to be careful, do full stretching, etc before hittin' it.

I stick to wakeskating thesedyas.

Here's a couple old school pics.(real old)

Hondadudeehhhh
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
i got into wake boarding at the beigning of the summer. my friend bob vezina was a pro wake boarder and taught at some wake boarding school down in florida and lived with some really famous pro (cant remember the guy's name). but bob use to be really good... until he blew out his entire knee, he's been out for 2 years but is going to florida in december to start training again. His brother nate is gettign pretty good too.

We use a master craft and malibu to do our wakeboarding. THat malibu was sooooo nice, until some drunk kid hit it and totalled it.

watts16
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
been boarding for about 4 years started to get bored so i took up kneeboarding this summer

BlazingYamahaYz
11-02-2005, 05:22 PM
I started wakeboarding last year...and love it! My buddies and I all went in on a 2004 Subjekt 137 and 2004 Liquid Force Alpha bindings. They recently bought a 1991(or 93 I can't remember) Malibu Euro F3 ski boat. It is freaking insane! My buddies have been boarding since 2000. They are getting crazier everytime we go out wakeboarding. Unfortunatly our season ended a few weeks ago...and the boats been winterized. If anyone goes out on the Illinois river lemme know we will be out there almost every Sunday next season.

watts16
11-02-2005, 05:55 PM
how far is millbrook from peoria. i live in pekin. we are always on the river

redrider311
11-02-2005, 09:49 PM
been boarding for about 4 years started to get bored so i took up kneeboarding this summer

:eek: :eek: wow .. in 6 years i have not once gotten tired of the sport.. it gets better and better with each new flip or trick...

stick with it.. it takes a couple hard years before you get completely natural and almost anything is possible then...

Here's a couple old school pics.(real old)

i love it! my first board was a connelly blindside .. OLD SCHOOL! lol once you land your first invert its either uphill or in the grave from there.. lol right now ive landed front and backside tantrums.. front and backside backrolls .. a scarecrow heel side only... and now im going for the wirly bird heel side.. wish me luck this summer lol..

i love seeing the sport grow like it has.. just like quads.. its gonna kick a** but we gotta keep our good rep up and the posers down lol.. :)

redrider311
11-02-2005, 09:53 PM
btw.. ive been boarding behind a malibu sportster with a few fat sacs and a tower.. and a mastercraft prostar 190.. with a ballast and tower.. HUGE wakes lol they come up to about your knee..

BlazingYamahaYz
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
how far is millbrook from peoria. i live in pekin. we are always on the river

I think Peoria is about an hour or a little more from Millbrook. We usually ride on the Illinois River and we put the boat in in Morris. It's a pretty sweet launch and we can usually time it pretty well so that it's not super busy.

11-03-2005, 02:30 PM
i wakeboard for about 3 years then stoped, it fun while you doing it.

gapczynski
06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
im gotta start wakeboarding i snowboard alot i love bein on the water and on my quad. alot of my buddies wakeboard so im gonna try it this summer.