PDA

View Full Version : good hybrid choices

bens250ex
11-01-2005, 08:12 PM
whats a good hybrid choice? im looking at yz426, cr250f, yz250f, 350x, z400,kfx400 ... now before everyone says a yz426 i wont to make sure that yall now i need somethin cheap i cant spend to much right now so what will be good power for cheap...is it possible to put a 350x motor in a 250r frame? just give me some opinions

250r4life
11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
you asked for opinions, so, my opinion is you shouldnt rape and violate one of the already few 250rs out there to throw a thumper motor in. keep the 250r a 250r... there are some great thumpers in the 450s right not, so if you want a thumper, sell your 250r and finance a new thumper if you want one, but dont defile the 250r...

Tom TRX250R
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I agree with 250R4life, keep it a 250R. By the time you buy a thumper motor and molest the frame all up to mount it, you could just buy mods to the 250 engine to make it faster than any thumper motor. Plus it won't be rigged up where your cracking the frame all the time.

kicker696
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
i agree, for the money it is going to take to buy any of those motors, minus the 350x, you could put a power valve or big bore on your 250r.

besides, everyone and there brother has a thumper now-a-days keep the r and be different, AND they are a hell of alot more fun to ride!!!

TheFontMaster
11-02-2005, 05:29 AM
The only motor out of the ones you listed that would be cheaper to buy than a 250r motor is the 350x. You can get a 250r motor, wireing, carb and pipe all ready to go for under a grand if you find the right one. The YZ, and CRF motors are expensine, and will probably run you atleast 2 g's for just the motor, and the cr motors aren't counter ballenced, so there will be alot of vibrating. Stick with the 250r motor, they are pretty reliable as far as 2 strokes go, easy to work on, and parts are cheap and plentifull.

bens250ex
11-02-2005, 06:15 AM
heres the problem i had the 250r motor in it..it ran good for about 2-3 months blew up so i rebuilt it i got the cylender bored and all ..i flushed the cases out and everything second day ridin on the new top end it blew up b/c a piece of shavings got in there and what stumps me is i cleand it very well i mean very but somehow it got shavings in it.....i already sold the bottom end i had it forsale as a roller but no is buyin so if u wont the legend to live u can take it for the price of 1300 obo and you can put an r motor back in it...i dont have the time nor the money to keep up with a 2 stroke .....thanks for the replies

wicked265R
11-03-2005, 01:05 PM
well then it wasnt the bikes fault. that was a human error, cant blame that on the fact that it is a 2-stroke. by the way, im no english major but its spelled "want" not "won't". "won't" means will not when not used as a contraction.

just makes me mad that you would chop up a 250r frame because you made an error then say "i dont have the time nor the money to keep up with a 2 stroke." you think that if the same thing happend on a 4-stroke it would be cheaper? and todays 4-stroke motors need more maintance than ever! so that was a jerk move on your part.

baker250r
11-03-2005, 01:30 PM
well... if u want information on the 350x conversion.... i know a lot of ugys that do that up here... but yes, u do chop up ur frame a bit, and thats just wrong. but they do mod the motors to the brim, and they do cruise... but they all use em for ice racing.... ive never seen any of them motocross it.

if u want to truely make a hybrid. do us all a favor, and sell the frame you have, and buy a hybrid frame, aka walsh, LSR, stuff liek that.

BLACKeR
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
if you want the hybrid use the 426, its shorter so it actually fits in a stock 250R frame, you might have strength issues with the stock R frame though there weal to begine with, and add that big thumper and youll probly beat it to pieces. when you got your motor rebuilt what kind of breakin did you do? ive ridden plenty of 2-strokes and never had the peoblem other people seem to always have....

bens250ex
11-05-2005, 11:11 AM
my frame is crap anyway b/c someone welded a new piece on the sub frame so its not really a good frame to make a perfect 250r so thats why it doesnt bother me to chop some to put a thumper in

wicked265R
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
my frame is crap anyway b/c someone welded a new piece on the sub frame so its not really a good frame to make a perfect 250r so thats why it doesnt bother me to chop some to put a thumper in

i hope ur f***ing joking me. a subframe repair isnt chopping it up. that doesnt make the frame crap. just sell the whole thing, problem solved. this thread is killing me. but go ahead, put ur hybrid motor in, ill put money on it that the thing breaks faster than a rebuilt R motor would. you have fun though :p