PDA

View Full Version : fullbore or maier

300WheelyKing
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I have a 300ex and have herd that fullbore is beter than maier. I won't lie the way I ride (balls to the wall) I reck some. I was told that maiers will brake , faid and sagg. Will they? How are fullbore? I know fullbore look good but if i flip am i gonna brake them? If my stockers were nice i'd put them on because there awsome, except the looks, there not cool.

Ridin' Jesse
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
if you wreck, im gonna say almost all plastic is gonna bent and break..

tp300ex
11-01-2005, 09:12 PM
man i had fullbore on my old 300ex and they didnt line up for chit!!! go with the new 300ex plastics mair has!!

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 12:09 AM
I had just the total opposite that you ^^^ did!!! lol :p

300ex73
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Some people will agree with me on this one, some people won't. There's really not much of a way to justify spending what Fullbores cost, when the newer Maier plastics are of really good quality. I have Maiers on mine, and I think they're excellent for the price. They've not faded, they've not really scratched much, haven't cracked or broken, and haven't sagged. So why pay like $500 or $600 for Fullbores, when the Maiers are only like $300 to $400 depending on what you get?

mhunt
11-02-2005, 08:11 AM
400ex fullbores, can fit 300ex for sale.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187709

300ex13
11-02-2005, 08:32 AM
i like the way the fullbores look but i dont like the price tag...id much rather have the maiers

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
I bought some Fullbores for my cannondale and I had a horrific 50 mph 4th gear wreck and my quad did some vicious cartwheels and my plastics did not crack or anything. Something I had rigged for a bracket bent but that was all... the plastics held up to even those brackets bending. The plastics are sitting at an angle but I think that is just bc of the bent brackets. I know that the Fullbores seem to be pretty thick durable plastic. If you can get a good deal on them like I did then I would get Fullbore.

Sjorge450R
11-02-2005, 09:40 AM
i was thinking of getting maier fulls up front and get the maier standerds in the back on my 300ex

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 300ex73
Some people will agree with me on this one, some people won't. There's really not much of a way to justify spending what Fullbores cost, when the newer Maier plastics are of really good quality. I have Maiers on mine, and I think they're excellent for the price. They've not faded, they've not really scratched much, haven't cracked or broken, and haven't sagged. So why pay like $500 or $600 for Fullbores, when the Maiers are only like $300 to $400 depending on what you get? I have t oagree on the plastic holding up.At least my silver hid blemishes well, but the fit was some of the worst!And the rear fenders flopped around so bad!! :( Yes- I do agree fullbore is d@mn expensive,I havent had a chance to run them on my 440 yet, but we had them on our Preddy and we loved them. Maybe this years maier plastic has been improved some since I bought it .

300ex73
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
My white has some scratches, but not many. Most of them are from my knee braces, but they're not even that bad. And as far as flopping around, yeah, they kinda do flop around alot. But, if the plastics were too stiff they'd be prone to breaking. And actually, my stock style rears don't move nearly as bad as the race rears I had when I got it. But yeah, my friend has Fullbores on his 250R, and to be honest they don't seem like they're really worth that much more than the Maiers.

dangle
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I've recenly ditched my maiers for fullbore... my rears flopped like wings. They did hold there shine and stuff though...

Mike

11-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Maier all the way :macho

hardkoratvmxr
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
get fullbore frotns and maier rear a cheap good look alternative

QuadJunkies
11-03-2005, 11:40 PM
we just installed the fullbore tonight and WOW.. ALOT faster to install and fit and finish was SUPER! EVERYTHING lined up nicely, it was a pretty snug fit, the fenders seem to stil flop some but not as much as my Maiers did. I wish they had some kind of bracket for the rear fenders.So far, Im likin them !!:blah:

k2-dawg
11-04-2005, 01:07 PM
fullbore.

Jake250ex
11-04-2005, 04:26 PM
I have white race cut maiers on my 300 and they fit decent and hold up good. No matter what name brand plastics you have, thier gonne flex, crack and get scratched if your stock ones did.

However, mine got fine scratches in them from where my knees rub and it ground dirt in the plastic so its stained brown.

The deciding factor is which ones you think look better - and if you have the cash to pay twice as much for fullbores.

TheFontMaster
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
I had maiers with race cut fronts on my old 300ex, and I had that thing roll a couple times then land on it's side against a tree, the plastice was bent so bad, but they didn't crack at all.

Eddiesanders250
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
ya i cut my front fenders (maier), took the two pieces that were cut and tried to break them but had no luck. I stood on them all they did was flex. If you look at the fullbores theyre alot stiffer and will break much easier, not to mention the price difference.

300WheelyKing
11-06-2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all ya'lls replys. Its there a film or somthing that I can put on my plastics to protect them from scraches? Will fullbore and maier line up to each other? Are they the same company?
THANKS

QuadJunkies
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 300WheelyKing
Thanks for all ya'lls replys. Its there a film or somthing that I can put on my plastics to protect them from scraches? Will fullbore and maier line up to each other? Are they the same company?
THANKS No. They are not the same company. Yes, you can put a layer of clear coat vinyl or they also make stuff you can put on your fenders (looks like Carbon Fibers stuff) not sure who makes it but, we had put down clear coat over my Daughters Mini to protect the plastic and stickers longer, the only thing is after time, it starts to look like crap and you will need to replace it .

300WheelyKing
11-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks, Do you know were I can get somthing of this sort?

QuadJunkies
11-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 300WheelyKing
Thanks, Do you know were I can get somthing of this sort? I would start with RMATV first ;)

300ex73
11-08-2005, 06:31 AM
Just get a set of graphics. I'm planning on getting some at some point. That or I'm going to be getting some Factory Effex grip tape. It'll come in handy when I'm doing no handers. Should make it easier to hold on to the sides of the tank.