PDA

View Full Version : piston,cam,carb combo

sandnmyteeth2
11-01-2005, 07:46 PM
I have heard all about engine combos that worked. Now I would like to hear about the ones that didn't. You know, learn from your mistakes.

SHADETREE101
11-03-2005, 07:16 PM
465 kit 12:1 compression on alcohol. larger valves, web drag cam, carillo rod. the bottom of the lightened piston had the skirts shaved for clearence of the crank. after initial easy break in the first time the engine was reved it tore the bottom of the piston off below the wrist pin. bent the rod crushed the valves, destroyed the cases and most of the tranny gears. total loss and it was determined as piston failure from the builder. i won't give the builders name because he is well known and did stand behind this build by replacing all components. this failure was not his fault but the maker of the piston. i run only je pistons now.

ommkevin
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
465 kit 12:1 compression on alcohol. larger valves, web drag cam, carillo rod. the bottom of the lightened piston had the skirts shaved for clearence of the crank. after initial easy break in the first time the engine was reved it tore the bottom of the piston off below the wrist pin. bent the rod crushed the valves, destroyed the cases and most of the tranny gears. total loss and it was determined as piston failure from the builder. i won't give the builders name because he is well known and did stand behind this build by replacing all components. this failure was not his fault but the maker of the piston. i run only je pistons now.
man that really sux

what piston did u use b 4

SHADETREE101
11-03-2005, 08:25 PM
twas a wiseco never to be used again