PDA

View Full Version : ok whick one XC or MX?

yellow400ex05
11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I have a 250ex and I'm getting Nerf bars and a pipe a tether kill switch and k and N airfilter and outerwears, and MSR Dominator Handle bars

I was wondering about which I should race XC or MX racing. I was thinking XC then I thought about MX, but I'm not sure.

If I did XC I would take off the nerf bars nad use them for trail riding at home and jumping at home, and if i was racing XC I would get a skidplate Hand guards.

Give me some stories on how you like racing XC and what kind of obstacles are there? And what would a 250ex race in like what class? and how old do you have to be? Also are the races 2 hours long? I don't know which i should race.

And AMA's site seems to only have things about dirtbikes and not quads. I know my borther has an AMA card and he races a quad.

I want to find out some info on quad races too. ALSO ARE HARESCRAMBLES AND XC THE SAME THING AND ARE THEY SIMILAR? IF THEY ARE WHICH WOULD BE MORE FUN AND BETTER.

And are local XC or harescramable tracks in NJ or PA?

trx416m
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
lol ok tether switch and nerf bars need to b on your machine to race and u need an ama membership which u can get at most races the 250ex is deffinetely not an mx machine and would be better for harescrambles(which are the same as xc) there are races in NJ and PA i think but i dont know the districts. Also u need to be 16 to race anything over 90cc's unless u do Motocross nationals in the class under 300cc's im pretty sure. Hope this helps

yellow400ex05
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
Bump, I want more good reply's please so I can make my decision.:macho

So far I'm leaning towards XC but I would Like to know where there are tracks and in what districts are the XC races. And do you need nerf bars in XC just wondering because wouldn't they get banged up and chipped from the rocks. I didn't see anyone in the Huevos videos have nerf bars in the XC races, so I'm guessing no you don't need nerf bars.

Sjorge450R
11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I just got finished racing a 90 in XC and I love it. If you are leaning towards MX because of the jumps dont. Alot of the harescramble tracks have jumps but not as many as MX. I will be racing my 300ex starting sunday in XC and I cant wait. As for districts, I race district 6 and you can get some info from going to
www.harescrambleracing.com

Also I heard some stuff about some XC races in NJ that are just starting up. That website is:
www.atlanticgrandprix.com

As for age, I dont think that you have to be over 16 to race your 250 because they let me race my 300 already and they didnt say any thing.

The races are

Sjorge450R
11-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I just got finished racing a 90 in XC and I love it. If you are leaning towards MX because of the jumps dont. Alot of the harescramble tracks have jumps but not as many as MX. I will be racing my 300ex starting sunday in XC and I cant wait. As for districts, I race district 6 and you can get some info from going to

Also I heard some stuff about some XC races in NJ that are just starting up. That website is:
www.atlanticgrandprix.com

As for age, I dont think that you have to be over 16 to race your 250 because they let me race my 300 already and they didnt say any thing.

The races are 1 1/2 hours and the track layout varies. Some tracks are extreamly rocky when other tracks are just "technical"

yellow400ex05
11-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Who would I be up against in a race and do you have a pic of your quad? Also are you sure there isn't an age limit? And what distric would I race?

Ripitupfilms
11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
theres age limits everywhere and a 250ex wouldnt win you a mx and in xc 250x's 300ex's and blaster will be laping you but if you want to try one do it

Sjorge450R
11-02-2005, 08:21 AM
its district 6

www.amadistrict6.com

when you go to the sencond link click on racing east and then the district 6 logo. idk about the blasters and 300's lapping you most of the tracks are close to 4-5 miles and the 250ex's arent that slow. Just give it a try. There is a race this weekend at the Flying Dutchmen in Pine Grove PA. I live near trenton and it takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there.

www.flyingdutchmenmc.net

to race there you need AMA membership. ($39) and district 6 membership ($10) and a kill switch.

Sjorge450R
11-02-2005, 08:22 AM
as for a pic here is one.

Sjorge450R
11-02-2005, 08:23 AM
here is another. just to let you know. When you go to a harescramble race you will see alot of good looking quad.

ThumPIN_450R
11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
race both and decide for you're self it's not like if you do a moto cross race you're banned from XC the rest of you're life. You are the only person that knows what you like and what type of racing you want to do. As for the nerf bars getting chipped from rock and such, That's what they are there for to keep stuff from getting up near you're foot and when used properly they can be a great passing tool.