PDA

View Full Version : Dumont Accidents over Halloween

yfz450admirer
11-01-2005, 02:12 PM
I just talked to one of my friends here in Vegas who was at Dumont over the weekend. He told me there were 6 deaths from riding. I have ridden Dumont quite a few times, but I have never heard of that many accidents. Can anyone comment on how the riding was this last weekend?

hondaexryda
11-01-2005, 09:46 PM
I was their, only saw Flight For Life once, heard it was 16 year girl, and I saw another accident on Friday night, a sandrail launched over a razor.

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 12:06 AM
:(
Ive never been but I have freinds that go every New Years... He told us that Dumont was alot of razorbacks??? Ill bet money a few of those accidents involved alcohol :ermm:

Eddiesanders250
11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
It really sucks to hear that. Sometimes its only one idiot that doesnt know how to ride, that puts others at risk that ruin it for the rest of us. Its really sad to hear 6 deaths over one weekend. Its a really great sport if your not stupid, and put others at risk.

daveex430power
11-05-2005, 08:40 PM
I was there have been a few times before but it was packed. I saw life flight two times and one pretty big accident on Comp Hill. all that being said it was fun and there are always people that do some wreckless things.

deejayeb
11-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I was out there over halloween and helped tip over the sandrail that launched over that razor back hondaexryda was talking about. I only saw the Life Flight copter once though - I dont think there was really 6 deaths though. Saw alot of Drunk Idiots doing dumb stuff though. and saw some real Racist stuff too. Swastika's burning in the sand and stuff, really lame.. and there was the usual idiots trying to take their stock jeeps and trucks up comp and rolling back down. Ill be there at thanksgiving and Im sure Ill see dumb people doing dumb stuff, its inevitable.

JR3
11-18-2005, 05:51 PM
I live on the east coast and enevr went duning whats a razor back like a hill that has a lip on it and theres nothing on the otherside so u just launch.

wilkin250r
11-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I would easily imagine life flight coming several times. I can easily imagine at least 6 serious injuries, like more severe than a broken bone.

But 6 deaths sounds awful high. I don't even think Glamis reaches numbers like that.

Anybody got a link to a newpaper article? I would imagine six deaths would be highly publicized...

Eddiesanders250
11-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Thats true wilkin. I havent seen any articles or anything about it.