View Full Version : Porting work??

Justin St.Jeor
11-01-2005, 01:35 PM
I am trying decide on which company to send my head to, to get it ported. I was wondering what your guys popinions would be on who to send it to. I have bids from c&d and DASA, If anybody has any experience from these 2 that would be great. Or anybody else you would recomend, I just want to do it right the first time.

Thanks.:D

Dave400ex
11-01-2005, 03:37 PM
I would check out GT Thunder also...

Justin St.Jeor
11-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Will do, I have heard good things about them to.

bubba power
11-02-2005, 02:53 PM
I would suggest a company that has a flow bench. I don't think gt thunder has a flow bench !!

K_Fulk
11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by bubba power
I would suggest a company that has a flow bench. I don't think gt thunder has a flow bench !!

How do you know if he does or not?

ride_red666
11-02-2005, 09:21 PM
you could ask them, it would be much cheaper to take it to a local engine rebuild shop that specializes in port and polishing.

Justin St.Jeor
11-03-2005, 06:36 AM
There is a guy around here that does work but he wants more than some of the top builders. He thinks pretty highly of his work I guess!!! I can ship to and from for free. The more I read about DASA it sounds like he does nice work. I cant find anybody with experience from C&d though. I dont know where they are I know some people have had them do work for them.

Thanks and keep them comin.

SHADETREE101
11-03-2005, 08:36 PM
is the flow bench proven. all it shows is the optimum amount of flow through the head. usually a real engine builder is trying to increase velocity into the chamber and flow the exhaust side to release the gasses. if you flow the head then you will likely overport the intake side and kill the charge of the cylinder and lose power if over done. the only way to gain optimum power by flowing a head is by knowing the optimum cfm of the head for power gains and to know where the cfm begins to rob power from the intake side. such as port mapping. knowing the optimum diameter of the fuel runners for intake and for exhaust. so theoretically you shouldn't have same size intake runners as exhaust runners. food for thought.