PDA

View Full Version : oil

ExVillin400
06-19-2002, 07:41 PM
is 20-50w ok to use in my 400ex???

Ex'r Marlin
06-19-2002, 09:07 PM
I use a 15W50, so I would think 20W50 should be just fine.... Especially for our hot/humid summers we get.

Good luck.

ridefastrgetoff
06-27-2002, 10:09 AM
If the oil you use has superior film strength and you are wanting the max or peak performance with no energy loss, you want to use an oil that is as light as possible; the lighter the oil, the better it will carry heat away from the internal components. The heavier the oil, typically the longer it clings to metal surfaces which means the more direct heat transfer occurs and thus elevated normal operating temps. It's a testing ground that allows you to find what works best for you; sometimes you might not always like the results you get but at least you know what not to use. Kinda like gear oil, the test apparatus' I've seen make people think it's better for the oil to stick or cling as long as possible to get the best lubrication when in fact that is exactly opposite of what is optimal; let the lube get in, do it's job and get out.

OutlawEX
06-28-2002, 10:07 PM
YEs 20w-50w will be just fine thats what im running now while its hot out,Get Klotz fourstroke oil best oil on the market i tried em all