PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Powdercoating Questions!

FourFiftyFour
11-01-2005, 03:31 AM
I am planning on PCing my lower a arms, my muffler, and the rings of my rear beadlocks. How many lbs would that probably take?

Also.... Can you powdercoat the muffler with any kind of stuff? Or does it have to be a special high temp kind?

I am lookin into using this color for my quad
http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/60/61/18_2.JPG

K_Fulk
11-01-2005, 10:50 AM
A pound would probly be plenty. As long as your muffler is packed properly I would think it would be ok.

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I am planning on PCing my lower a arms, my muffler, and the rings of my rear beadlocks. How many lbs would that probably take?

Also.... Can you powdercoat the muffler with any kind of stuff? Or does it have to be a special high temp kind?

I am lookin into using this color for my quad
http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/60/61/18_2.JPG

Nice color choice :D

Whats gonna be your accent color? This is a question for Pappy;)

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2005, 06:09 AM
accent color???

white plastics, the pink pc with probably a clear coat on few parts (chrome upper a arms with my chrome axle), then hot pink and black graphics and number plates on the plastic

is that the answer youre lookin for? lol

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
accent color???

white plastics, the pink pc with probably a clear coat on few parts (chrome upper a arms with my chrome axle), then hot pink and black graphics and number plates on the plastic

is that the answer youre lookin for? lol yeah somewhat. Are you gonna PC the cases black??Stem??Ect.. And any other accent parts black?? Thats what I was curious about. the three colors will look sweet :cool:

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
yeah somewhat. Are you gonna PC the cases black??Stem??Ect.. And any other accent parts black?? Thats what I was curious about. the three colors will look sweet :cool:

The stock cdale steering stems are already black. My side cases are black already too so I doubt I powdercoat those. I might if I think it will really make a difference but it probably wont.

I found this clear coat that has some sparkles in it.. im not sure if i should get regular clear coat or this sparkly kind.. id like my pink stuff to look sparkly and stuff but i know the pink does have sparkles in it already..i dont know if itll be too much if i got this clear coat.

http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/5e/2b/51_1_b.JPG

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Just letting you know I moved your thread to Pappys section so that he will see this soon ;)

Pappy
11-02-2005, 03:37 PM
the pic looks like translucant rasberry shot over polished aluminum.

1 pound would be cutting it close, 2 would be safer

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
ok thanks! Will that look more hot pink like on a arms or will it look different?

i found some on ebay but only one lb i guess ill have to message them and see if they will cut me a deal on 2 lbs.

and i guess its good to go to pc the HMF muffler... ?

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the pic looks like translucant rasberry shot over polished aluminum.

1 pound would be cutting it close, 2 would be safer

correct ! :D Its called Raspberry Sherbet if I remember correctly . I LUUUVVV that color .:cool:

Pappy
11-03-2005, 05:25 AM
on a dale, IMO its best for a solid color, they run a bit warmer then other quads and translucents will darken on the can.

FourFiftyFour
11-03-2005, 08:04 AM
hmm darn... im really wanting my quad to have the sparkly pink color :ermm: