PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

DAVE14
10-31-2005, 10:17 PM
my o2 EX practically since new always has the carrier in the swing arm turn & move on me I know the torque specs are very low for the pinch bolts back there & ive tightned them up good for years but you can adjust your chain go for a ride & it will often move on me almost right away or soon after .

I cant be the only one I have a Rad carrier in there now but is the inside of the arm wore out there must be a way of holdin it steady!

prepracing
10-31-2005, 10:30 PM
never heard of that happening before, just curious do you have a lot of grease on the outside of your carrier, I know its easier to slide back thru when you have to put it back thru the swingarm if it is greased. Thought maybe if you did it might be so slick it is turning no matter how tight you get the pinch bolts. Also is the rubber gasket in place in between the pinch bolts ?

DAVE14
11-01-2005, 07:56 AM
the rubber strip is between the bolts likee it should & the inside of the carrier /swingarm is bone dry ,but this has happened virtually since new long before the Rad carrier.

TBD
11-01-2005, 08:02 AM
I hope this makes sense. Which direction do you have the eccentric of the carrier going. That will make a difference. I myself roll the carier so that the offset off the carrier is down. I hope that made sense.

DAVE14
11-01-2005, 09:44 AM
the eccentric is facing down I guess all the adjustment slots are in the back as I imagine they should be. thats the position its always been in since new & now.

eganracing
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
tyr tightening it a little bit more. like 5 pounds or so.

400exrider707
11-01-2005, 05:34 PM
I've never torqued those down, I usually just crank em right down.:confused: