PDA

View Full Version : 440 break in

DAVE14
10-31-2005, 10:03 PM
I finally got m y 440 together today ,all seems well no knocks ticks or bangs ,goes pretty good all though Im still breakin it in I havent fully opened it up at all , how many hours or how long should I run it before changing the oil again I only have maybe an hour & a bit on it & I babied it most of the time the oil looks flawless still.

400exrider707
11-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Dont baby it! I ride mine good a hard breaking them in. You need to throttle it around a little bit at least. In order for the rings to seat properly you need to have a load put on them, but by no means should you lug it around! Just dont be afraid to give it some gas. I ran mine at varying RPMs, making sure to hit those upper RPMs often, and then change my oil after about 5 hours of run time and then another 5 after that. Its pretty much preference, but make sure your using a decent NON-synthetic oil for break-in, and change it often for the first 20 hours or so. Then you should be good to go. Also the longer you wait to switch to full-synthetic the better for better ring-seating.

Plante400
11-01-2005, 08:30 PM
just fckin ride it. only thing i wouldnt do it hold it pinned for a little while other than that i just rode mine like i would any other time., its still going good 2 years later

Plante400
11-01-2005, 08:30 PM
just fckin ride it. only thing i wouldnt do it hold it pinned for a little while other than that i just rode mine like i would any other time., its still going good 2 years later