View Full Version : pismo

Eddiesanders250
10-31-2005, 03:53 PM
im going to pismo sometime during thanksgiving week. real excited i have not been there since i was 6. anyone else going? how much has it changed in the last 8 yrs? is it worth going?

of course if there is an area to ride!!!:)

andybellus
10-31-2005, 04:14 PM
I can't say what's changed in the past 8yrs, last time I went it was... damn, like 6 years ago, wow time flys. Anyway the reason I was writting was to remind you about the salt in the air. All I remember is that I had alot of rust on the pipe and frame when I got home. I left my bike outside over the weekend, and man I won't do that again. I'd recomend spraying your bike down with WD40 or something to limmit the rust as much as possible and wash it once you get home, don't wait or you'll have an ugly, rusty supprise waiting for you. I do remember the riding was great other than that... Good luck and have fun!!

oh yeah not going to be there, I'll be at Ocotillo Wells(sp?)

trayscool
11-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Pismo is awesome! good luck camping if you dont already have a reservation they wont let you in. There is gonna be a lot of people up there. as for the salt if you go down the main street in oceano there is a carwash on the right hand side about 3 blocks from the entrance to the dunes where you can wash off your bikes. i always wash mine after riding becasue the salt in the sand and from the beach is very bad. even after washing it every day i still froze up my rear brake caliper and piston one weekend and had to have them rebuilt:(