PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin 14.1 Piston

wppracing
10-31-2005, 01:40 PM
I am changing pistons this week. The 13.75HH is being replaced with the Baldwin 14.1 Piston.

I hope to test it on the track next weekend.

chad502ex
10-31-2005, 01:44 PM
good- now you have to bring your son and your new Baldwin setup over to Pappy's this weekend to dial in that beast!!

Great to hear your replacing the internal obsolete no-longer supported part inside your thumper with a race-proven Baldwin setup. Thumps up!

wahhhhhoooooo!!!

:macho

see ya Saturday!

Mobile Dyno
10-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Bring it to the Dyno...Any reason for the change???:devil:

Airik79mx
10-31-2005, 06:04 PM
He seen my quad run over the weekend..Enough said....;)

wppracing
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
It will be back together on Wednesday.
And on the Dyno on Saturday......

wppracing
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
I am going to use the X2 cam along with the Baldwin Piston. Talked to Mark and he said I need to use different springs and retainers.
He has a complete kit and it will be here in the morning.

WhiteZee
11-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex

Great to hear your replacing the internal obsolete no-longer supported part inside your thumper with a race-proven Baldwin setup. Thumps up!

you continue to suprize me.:rolleyes:

04'400ex'er
11-02-2005, 07:07 PM
good- now you have to bring your son and your new Baldwin setup over to Pappy's this weekend to dial in that beast!!

wahhhhhoooooo!!!

:macho

see ya Saturday! what is it exactly that makes the HH such an obsolete piston exactly? cuz im lost as to why it is no longer supported. how does this baldwin compare to a JE? and also wat kind of gas must you run with the 14:1?

chad502ex
11-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
what is it exactly that makes the HH such an obsolete piston exactly? cuz im lost as to why it is no longer supported. how does this baldwin compare to a JE? and also wat kind of gas must you run with the 14:1?

many of the HH have been smoking on the customers that install them. Many excuses as to why too. Even the HH designer himself still haves no answers and has even dropped the 2 ring design to a second 3 ring version (after he gets into business again). This subject has been beaten down many times, but the fact is that the HH patent is being sold and the piston manufacture isn't making any more.. The piston isn't supported cause its not being made anymore...

The Baldwin appears to be a great looking piston design... A dyno test this saturday by wppracing will show any gains..

Running 14:1 pistons on pump gas has to do with what cam you are running. Differnt cam profiles will cause the static 14:1 compression ratio to drop due to the cam timing with the closing of the intake after BDC. In other words, it is possible that a high overlap top end cam with 14:1 can allow the engine to drop static to near to 11:1 and be able to burn pump fuel.

Airik79mx
11-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Mark say's to run 105 or higher with the 14:1 and his mx cam. I use VP C12 which works fine. It's 108 motor octane.

WhiteZee
11-03-2005, 02:13 PM
many of the HH have been smoking on the customers that install them. Many excuses as to why too. Even the HH designer himself still haves no answers and has even dropped the 2 ring design to a second 3 ring version (after he gets into business again). This subject has been beaten down many times, but the fact is that the HH patent is being sold and the piston manufacture isn't making any more.. The piston isn't supported cause its not being made anymore...

you could not be any further from the truth. not only are HH still in production but a second verison is coming out to go with high lift cams. there was never a chance made to use 3 rings, its still using 2. the only people who have had oil issues are the people who do not know how to set ring gaps and do not check their c-p clearence which HAS to be .001.

cant you find anything else to do with your pathetic life then to bash VCP?

chad502ex
11-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
cant you find anything else to do with your pathetic life then to bash VCP?

you have made the list as being one stupid febbleminded retard ever! You never ever have anything smart to say. I've read many of your post, usually by accident, and I never see anything intelligent from you. Usually, its to bash me, but others too!! You just need to kill yourself and end your useless contribution to society.

how can anyone bash VCP if it's no longer going to exist?

go to your own forum!!!! >>>>>>>>> you freeg'n loser!

WhiteZee
11-03-2005, 05:15 PM
you have made the list as being one stupid febbleminded retard ever! You never ever have anything smart to say. I've read many of your post, usually by accident, and I never see anything intelligent from you. Usually, its to bash me, but others too!! You just need to kill yourself and end your useless contribution to society.

how can anyone bash VCP if it's no longer going to exist?

go to your own forum!!!! >>>>>>>>> you freeg'n loser! :rolleyes: