PDA

View Full Version : New GNC production 400cc class

OutlawEX
10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I posted something like this on atv scene.

Ok the other day I was watching a dirtbike race on TV and noticing all the support those guys are getting in every class just about. I sat and thought what could get the factories more involved? One thing that came to mind was a 400cc production class. The 400cc class would have the same concept of the 125cc class. Just a tad bit slower and cheaper. And then we would still have a 450cc production class and Pro. Some people ask isnt this just like the Pro-am? Well it is but it isnt. Pro am would be in both the 400cc pro am and also 450cc pro am. I think by having more sport quads racing competitively will boost our sport vs. having our major companies focus on 1 sport quad for racing. And like i said earlier the 400cc machines are alot cheaper and easier to get parts for. Some ppl say there is a reason why no one races the 400cc machines. Well yea there is. Maybe its the cost going to races. Alot of ppl buy the 400cc machines as they are $2000 dollars cheaper than what the 450cc is. Maybe its because they know they got a 400cc machine and know it cant hang with the new 450cc machines. So basically the 400cc class would be like the bush series of nascar. By having a 400cc class it would maybe give that one kid a shot at his dream by getting noticed and getting a sponsor to help take him to the big 450cc ranks. Or maybe not. Here is what i thought about for class break down

450cc Pro
450cc Pro-am
450cc production A
450cc Production B
450cc Production C
----------------------
400cc Pro
400cc Pro-am
400cc Production A
400cc Production B
400cc Production C

Mxjunkie
10-31-2005, 12:45 PM
I think it would be a good idea for sure! Do banshees get in that class :p

fasterz
10-31-2005, 12:51 PM
Im not so sure there would need to be a pro am 400 class but as for like a B and C 400 class would be good. There are so many damn people in the Prod and 4stroke B and C classes now its rediculas, at unadilla there was like 56 people in 4 stroke production :rolleyes:

OutlawEX
10-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
I think it would be a good idea for sure! Do banshees get in that class :p

Well Banshee's woint be a production based machine for very long. ATVA and the Government are trying to push 4-strokes vs. the 2 strokes do to pollution issues. Since polution is such an issue with the government i say stop buring bad money and spread it:D