PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Dyna Cdi Owners........

nowukno
10-31-2005, 09:53 AM
My mods are listed in my sig. The quad runs great but i want a little extra something. I have had tons of people tell me to get a new rev box/cdi. I know that dyna is the best but do i really need one and will i be able to tell a difference in performance?

chad502ex
10-31-2005, 10:36 AM
~ 1hp more in performance as measured on the dyno, and an "awesome" seat-of-the-pants hit too!!

Also, increases the rev and programmable too.

LOL!

Yes, worth the money IMO! LOVE mine!

450 Racer R
10-31-2005, 11:01 AM
I've read you're gonna need new valve springs with a high comp piston due the the extra revs. this true?

chad502ex
10-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 450 Racer R
I've read you're gonna need new valve springs with a high comp piston due the the extra revs. this true?

who are you asking this Racer?

yes, higher revs will cause a concern about valve float atop the max lift of a cam to a point,.... meaning that smaller cams with reduced ramp like stock or "drop-in" would most likely not be a problem with stock springs, but not a cam with larger max lift

450 Racer R
10-31-2005, 01:34 PM
I'm asking anyone who has an answer for me :D So I would be ok with my hot cams stage II and je 13:1 piston? So I should go ahead and order up the dyna ignition then?

chad502ex
10-31-2005, 01:41 PM
with HCII and HC piston a dyno would give you more revs, ~1hp more. You would be ok. order up!

400exBro
10-31-2005, 06:40 PM
so to intrude, but is the dyna that much better then the vortex?

a lot of racers around here use the vortex and seem to be happy with it over all. They also say it makes a big difference, i plan on getting a 13.1 comp piston cam and a ignition of some sort.

chad502ex
10-31-2005, 06:51 PM
i'm not trying to be rude, but i once had the vortex and dyno all 10 curves and saw no real gains at all. Contrary, the dynotek dyno with about a 1 hp gain.

I sold the vortex immediately after i dyno'd it. I still have the dynatek installed after i dyno'd the dynotek.

feels better hit too!!

IMO!

this is even without any programming into each.

both are programmable.

kssandduner
10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
What about the Tokyomods modified Vortex cdi's? Anyone had a chance to compare one of their cdi's to a regular vortex or dyno?

Joe

cals400ex
10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
i would get one if you are hitting the stock rev limiter. if you aren't, i probably wouldn't get one.

iceracer65
11-02-2005, 09:39 AM
you have to watch how far your mods go with the dyna.

99.9% of any ignitions are sold over the counter to ppl with stock or close to stock engines. this means the curves simply dont do anything for ppl with race engines, or engines that require race gas.

ive been told that remapping is a must on these kind of engines. most of which might even run timing that is even slightly retarded than stock.

Airik79mx
11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
What about the Tokyomods modified Vortex cdi's? Anyone had a chance to compare one of their cdi's to a regular vortex or dyno?

Joe

I was wondering the same thing.