PDA

View Full Version : Need some tips for jumping.

FTAssault
10-31-2005, 08:23 AM
Ok.. we do a lot of agressive trail riding at Majestic (atv trails) where there are lots of water bars across the trails to prevent erosion.

Most of the the time I hit the jumps, the wheeler launches off of the jump and levels out nicely in the air.

Every once in a while, the front end will nose and the back tires hop off of the lip almost tipping me forward.

What am I doing wrong? It happens mostly when jumping going downhill, but it also happens sometimes on flat ground.

Pull up harder on the bars? Burp the throttle more right before the jump? Sit further back on the seat while jumping on downslopes?

Any tips?

300ex13
10-31-2005, 08:55 AM
keep going off the jump the same and when in the air tap the throttle and it should bring the front up...and also if that doesnt work you can also while in the air pull up a little more on the bars and its will help some

Mxjunkie
10-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Sounds like you need to hold your throttle steady while going off the takeoff! also, learn body english in the air.

Mxjunkie
10-31-2005, 12:57 PM
If the jump throws you off to the side, or starts to nose dive, grab a little bit of the trottle and use a little body english to get it to correct.

Here the jump threw we crooked because I hit the side the bikes were hitting :o

you can see me leaning the other way correcting it.

10-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Gt thunder linkage (http://www.gtthunder.com/400exRearLink.html)
this will help, the bucking you are feeling is why everyone is changing the linkage on their 450r also...the 400ex has the smae problem...i did this recently and it has helped, but it don't completely eliminate the problem...i sent my shock to him on thursday and it was back at my house on the following tuesday...the total cost was 265 and that included the revalve on my rear shock...you need to have the rear shock revalved with the new linkage and he vavles it to your weight and riding style

bwamos
11-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Sounds like you need to hold your throttle steady while going off the takeoff! also, learn body english in the air.

Agree.. usually when it nosedives it's because you involuintarily wuss out a little right before it leaves the ramp and slightly let off of the throttle (decelerate).

11-25-2005, 08:16 PM
give it alot of throtle in the air when u r nose diving cuz the rotation of the tires will streighten the quad out. it might be nose diving cuz u have the pre load to stiff on the back end. n when u r coming up to a jump right when your getting ready to lonch off blip the throtle. theirs a double i take n i have to run n 2nd gear to land on the down side but im almost hitting revlimiter to do that jump so i come up to the jump rilly fast and let of the throtle fully when im a foot or 2 in front of it so when i blip the throtle at the lip of the jump my front end stays up or if i went at a steady speed over the jump i would nose dive and case it. i got pritty good at jumping now wair i can go a steady speed over a jump n land front end up.