PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Ride Report on My 06

Lonestar_R
10-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I know when I first took my 06 out I was kinda bad mouthing it...and saying it wouldn't run....and I wasn't very impressed....Well that has all changed...I went for a good ride today with bunch of my buddies........and since I am getting used to the feel of the bike and the power delivery.....all I can say is WOW....I am really beginning to like this thing....a little shock adjustment....and idle adjustment....and that is it....this thing runs very well.....I would recommend this bike to anyone......

10-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I knew ud come around!

holeshot19
10-30-2005, 06:14 PM
i got the cam out of one rite now the cam is smaller than the 04/05s but im going to put a hot cam in it tomorow

Transplant2
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I think the cam is smaller for piston clearance. Is the hotcam approved for '06? Just a thought...

10-31-2005, 07:16 AM
i spent a little time on lonetars r yesterday too...like him on the first ride..i didn't like it, i had been planning on buying one in the spirng and giving the eife my 400, after my first ride on the r, i was thinking of just buying her a new 400e and keeping my 400. i didn't like the r that much, but after he changed a few things, it runs a lot better...i am getting an r in the spring

holeshot19
10-31-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Transplant2
I think the cam is smaller for piston clearance. Is the hotcam approved for '06? Just a thought... installed it today made a huge difference in the low end woods type power im still haveing carb issues with this thing when it gets hot dosent seem to want to start up and whats up with the main jet needle haveing only one slot no kind of adjustment?

04'400ex'er
10-31-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
installed it today made a huge difference in the low end woods type power im still haveing carb issues with this thing when it gets hot dosent seem to want to start up and whats up with the main jet needle haveing only one slot no kind of adjustment? The one slot on the needle is so the bike will comply with the california green sticker laws. the new yfz is the same way. get ahold of a hrc needle if you can. or possibly a crf needle. if it wont start up when its hot that usually means the pilot is too rich.

holeshot19
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
well i was going to try a needle i got for a yfz carb ncqv the taper seems very simular but i havent messed with the trx carb yet, but it seems like if you open up the throttle just a bit it helps it start ,at times it seems to backfire when its cranking,also the cam lobes are smaller on the 06s than the 04/05 mabey to make the motor to hit harder down low,

04'400ex'er
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
wat mods have you done and what jetting changes have you made?

holeshot19
10-31-2005, 07:49 PM
hot cam stage 1 , hrc endcap on the exaust ,took the snorkle out of the air box lid, 140 main jet ,turned the fuel screw out 1/2 turn more than it came stock