PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

tcr450r
10-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Well i just got done working on my quad. I feel like an idiot. I haven't rode for about 3 months now because I couldn't get the thing to start. Ive tryed push starting a million times and it just wouldnt start. I was thinking that my valves were off. I tore it all down, checked the valves. The exhaust were exact and the intakes were about .03 off. I was still stumped. I checked spark. It was great. So i was fed up and me and my buddy put the head and gas tank back on. I kicked it about 5 times on choke and it fired right up. As i revved a couple times i noticed that i had a horrible exhaust leak at the head. I tightened it up and it started perfect 3 or 4 times in a row. Took it for a ride and it ran great. Did I just get lucky or is the exhaust leak what caused all of my troubles?

Gumby46
10-28-2006, 04:52 AM
Theres noway an exhaust leak could prevent it from starting. You must have fixed the problems in your messing around with it.

Punk'd
10-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Gumby46
Theres noway an exhaust leak could prevent it from starting. You must have fixed the problems in your messing around with it.

What all did you guys do when you had it broken down? Could have been timing.

JW450R1
10-29-2006, 04:29 AM
did u remove the head or the valve cover?