PDA

View Full Version : 450R cam for sale

chad502ex
10-30-2005, 03:19 PM
used Megacycle 801-x2 cam for trx450R for sale.

almost zero wear. selling price is $150. new price is $300.

no cam tower modifications needed. Better performance than HRC.

PM me if serious for Paypal info.

---------------------------------
cam specs @ .040" lift

Duration
260 degrees intake/268 degrees exhaust @ 0.040"

Lift
0.412" Intake/ 0.350" Exhaust

Lobes Center
108/108

In opens
22 BTDC
In closes
58 ABDC
EX opens
62 ATDC
EX closes
26 ATDC

Got nads?
10-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Is that just a "drop" in cam?

chad502ex
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
Is that just a "drop" in cam?

no cam tower modifications are necessary and will drop into the cam tower.

to prevent valve float, valve springs are recommended if you bang the limiter all the time. Most likely will be ok for short while, but eventually the stock valve springs will become softer on these large cam ramps if you contantly run the limiter.

a drop in is considered when the valve springs are not needed to be changed and/or valve guide does not need to be sunk. The HRC does not require stiffer valve springs, but this cam with similair cam timing and bigger lift should really be ran on stiffer valve springs. Basically, this Megacycle is HRC timing with bigger max lift. The bigger the max lift (aka Lobe Center) is the more the need for stiffer valve springs. Big Max lift cams like this need stiffer valve springs to keep the followers from loafting over the top of the lobes.

BTW: cam overlap is what ppl should be worried about when having to do with piston to valve clearance. The bigger the cam overlap the more of a top end cam it is.. From the cam timing above the intake opens at 22 BTDC and exhaust closes at 26 ATDC; therefore; this mega x2 has 48 degrees of cam overlap.

wppracing
11-01-2005, 10:56 AM
So does it have to be degreed in?

450r51
11-01-2005, 01:57 PM
chad502ex by what u just typed u seem very knowledgable. cuz what i got out of that was nothing:( . how much would valve springs cost if i want to run this cam.

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 450r51
chad502ex by what u just typed u seem very knowledgable. cuz what i got out of that was nothing:(

that's was funny,.....

Here's summary with running X2.

X2 slightly more aggressive than HRC (with bigger valve lift)

X2 is considered drop-in with the exception that tops-to-valve seal runs tighter with X2 than minimum 0.040" because of bigger lift.

Stock springs are fine for a bit until the stock spring begins to sag out over time..

the only thing required to fit this cam in stock setup is slightly smaller tops (~0.020") atop stock valve springs.

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Requires the guides to be sunken (Intake), and needs to be degreed in to check for proper P/V clearances......

Also.... there is know way in h&ll I would run stock springs with that much lift (.412" Intake)

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 05:04 PM
sunken valves guides or reduced tops. only need less than ~0.020" with this lift. sink the guide 0.020" is cheaper than smaller tops, but either way hardly an effort.

The x2 has 0.032" more lift than the HRC, and only 0.015" more than HC2. The stock springs are ok with x2 for a limited amount of time until the stock spring seat pressure begins to sag out over time..- I know ;)

I called megacycle and asked them about degree'n this cam in and they indicated that this cam when manufactured, as like all cam manufactures, places the cam in a cam fixture and presses the cam flange on which is toleranced at +/- 1 degree of cam accuracy. Particularly, the x2 cam card is for crf timing and not the trx. Regardless, cam overlap is what tags pistons, never max lift.

You do not degree in a cam to check for P/V clearance either. You "clay" in to check for P/V clearance, and you "degree" in to verify cam timing in reference to the crank because of variances in cam chain slack and valve train tolerances, ect. Totally two different checks.

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
sunken valves guides or reduced tops. only need less than ~0.020" with this lift. sink the guide 0.020" is cheaper than smaller tops, but either way hardly an effort.

I called megacycle and asked them about degree'n this cam in and they indicated that this cam when manufactured, as like all cam manufactures, places the cam in a cam fixture and presses the cam flange on which is toleranced at +/- 1 degree of cam accuracy. Particularly, the x2 cam card is for crf timing and not the trx. Regardless, cam overlap is what tags pistons, never max lift.

You do not degree in a cam to check for P/V clearance either. You "clay" in to check for P/V clearance, and you "degree" in to verify cam timing in reference to the crank because of variances in cam chain slack and valve train tolerances, ect. Totally two different checks.

This one of the dumbest post Ive seen from you yet...

No Chit overlap plays a part, but so does the amount of lift, and you CAN NOT clay check an engine (P/V clearance) until you've degreed it in.

:macho

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 06:54 PM
and why is this not in the For Sale section??

450r51
11-01-2005, 07:03 PM
thanks for the help but what u two were just talking about made me go nuts trying to understand it. it looked like u were talking in spanish or some weird language i dont even know about.

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
This one of the dumbest post Ive seen from you yet...

No Chit overlap plays a part, but so does the amount of lift, and you CAN NOT clay check an engine (P/V clearance) until you've degreed it in.

go back to .org!!!!

on a cam- max lift (aka lobe center) has nothing to do with piston to valve clearance, only lobe ramp before lobe center and cam overlap cause valve to piston contact.

repeat:
You do not degree in a cam to check for P/V clearance. You "clay" in to check for P/V clearance (yes after you've degreed), and you "degree" in to verify cam timing in reference to the crank. These two are two totally different checks.

While your at it, take lesson on your porting too. I've seen many of your dyno numbers getting smaller cause of your porting,... It's more than pretty polishing and unshrouding of valves to make power.... LOL!

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Poor, poor Chad...

You have not a F@#King clue do you...

Smaller.... LMFAO!!!!!

You talk chit but have nothing to back it up, ONCE again. ;)

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Poor, poor Chad...

You have not a F@#King clue do you...

Smaller.... LMFAO!!!!!

You talk chit but have nothing to back it up, ONCE again. ;)

yea I know about all your customers dyno making smaller hp number on the dyno.... No proof- I've seen the before and after dyno numbers,... LOL!!

450r51
11-01-2005, 07:18 PM
kill urself boone450r chad is the man!!!!!

chad i dont even know u and im sticking up for u.....so that means u can just give me the cam.

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Like I said.....

You talk chit but have nothing to back it up....

:rolleyes:

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:25 PM
450r51,

I think he should end his uselessness too!!

OK, boone you got any proof too back your polishing skills? I see that your real good at polishing after mixxer guided you from the beginning over the internet. Mixxer taught you to polish.... LOL

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 07:31 PM
See... no proof

Oh, and if you think that John showed me how to port a cylinder head, your sadly mistaken. ;)

trx450Rrider
11-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Boone Chad is just mad because your knowledge and porting skills are much better than his.

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:38 PM
See... no proof

Oh, and if you think that John showed me how to port a cylinder head, your sadly mistaken. ;)

Oh you lie, I remember reading the threads over at org way back when you started porting the first head. Anyone using search can find those threads,...John and Tice were guiding you through post via the internet while you posted pictures one after the other. What a freeg'n joke. They were saying ya little here little there unshroud here there and you would photo and repost until they said wow you can really polish...

I give you one thing that I would never claim fame,.... I don't get my gremel with cotton fibers fired up to polish and sell as gain enhancers long after the port polish disappears after startup. that takes nerve with no real "proof". LOL!

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by trx450Rrider
Boone Chad is just mad because your knowledge and porting skills are much better than his.

actually i don't port cause i dont have flow bench. I believe Boone doesn't either.

Besides it takes years of practicing on spare throw-away heads to gain the experience and actually port beyond polishing,..

Mad to gut a port and polish like it mattered- never.

I leave that up to professional porters like DASA.

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Your still talking chit...

Yes, its true that John, and Tony helped in guiding me on my first TRX head, but this was by far my first cylinder head to port. Unlike you I have friends, and they are welling to help me out when needed.

You just keep on thinking thats all I'm doing to my heads..

And yes I have a flow bench, and probably have a better understanding on how to use it then most that own them.

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
so you finally admit your a beginner and that you lied.

See everyone, boone does come here to start chit and then doesn't ever tell the whole story until i call him out and he has to admit that he lies about it.

OK BOONE, then tell me your flow numbers in cfm and the water drop too!! Care to elaborate on your skills? Do you quantify tumble with tumble metering or check for swirl?

Now go hide behind your "off-line" status and go peep in threads that show what real porting is about,... ;)

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
so you finally admit your a beginner.

See everyone, boone does come here to start chit and then doesn't ever tell the whole story until i call him out and he has to admit that he lies about it.

OK BOONE, then tell me your flow numbers in cfm and the water drop too!! Care to elaborate on your skills? Do you quantify tumble with tumble metering or check for swirl?

Now go hide behind your "off-line" status and go peep in threads that show what real porting is about,... ;)

water drop...LMAO you mean WC"

Elaborate.... for you :o

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM
water drop...LMAO you mean WC"

Inches-of-water is a pressure measurement that is based on the height of a column of water that the pressure will support

why are your steering around telling your numbers BOONE? Why not lie about it like you have been? What are your flow numbers?

we are waiting,.....

BOONE450R
11-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Chad, you not going to teach me a thing about air flow.... I have a degree based on it.;)

Also, your little childish games will not work on me, like I said...

Im done with you...:macho

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
see everyone- this BOONE is a fake by taking ppl's money on porting with no claim on cfm increase only here's your head, looks really purty doesn't it? I just couldn't take ppls money without actually showing proof of performance. If the produt didn't perform then give it back at no cost is what it should be. No warranty with this is there?

What he should be doing is providing "proof" with before and after at different levels of pressure too. Kinda like a certificate of performance...

One important lesson is that there are plenty of port hackers that claim performance with zero proof take money and actually invert the performance where flow detaches at higher rpms or doesn't swirl correctly or tumble into the cylinder. I bet BOONE has never tested for those important performance enhancements.

Boone anyone can buy or get a degree too. Shop around the interent and buy another one you should!

see no proof with your numbers,....

your done alright!

11-01-2005, 08:28 PM
this has got to be a classic moment lol

Bad Habit
11-01-2005, 08:43 PM
so you finally admit your a beginner and that you lied.

Do you remember this post........

550R is alive!
OH Yea BABY!

First thing i'd like to mention is that this kicks some serious butt!

Second thing is for all those losers who said I couldn't build a 550 before I built a 530, and you know who you are, this is my slap back in your face... HA! You should have believed me when I say I can- I do. Everything in this build is mine. I had no-one build it, and nobody else designed it. All my machining, all my measuring, all my calculations, all my hard work. Over six months of planning finally payed off when i started the engine tonight and it roared like an angry "BEAST".

Chad502ex.com

Sounds to me like you were claiming that you did all your own work. Did you stroke and balance that crank yourself too? What about that cylinder?

Kinda bragging on your own abilities weren't you? When it comes down to it, all you did was write big checks and bolt together some parts, no "work" of your own there.:ermm:

chad502ex
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Do you remember this post........

Sounds to me like you were claiming that you did all your own work. Did you stroke and balance that crank yourself too? What about that cylinder?

Kinda bragging on your own abilities weren't you? When it comes down to it, all you did was write big checks and bolt together some parts, no "work" of your own there.:ermm:

Those losers were you Dan!

Balance my crank? no engine builder balances cranks themselves. The stroke was to my specs with the rod i worked with kelly at Falicon to design, my design to keep the NMotion cyclinder raw stock for taller stroke, my design to fit large stroke with shortened chain, my design to reduce cam tower standoffs to reduce seperation, custom piston, and more. Little you know about the real story of my design and slap back into your face saying that it can't be done Dan! You've been listening to the wrong innovator over there Dan- you know the one who is washed up. Now, you and Boone have nothing better to discuss without your port polish teacher around...

Dan go back to your daily censoring,..... that's what your best at

Didn't you get a BOONE head? LOL! i think you did and your hp is what 48? did he tell you the flow or just take your money? probally after you taught him how to polish your head right? LOL

Is this your useless attempt to come over here and start chit too?

get lost and go play with your unsupported pipe and piston.. :devil:

mikes450r
11-01-2005, 09:08 PM
well i have a little input here. i have a head done by boone on my stock bore stock stroke bike and im really happy with it. I will be dynoing it on friday and i will post the graphs for your kinda proof. i will also be doing some more testing on my bike saturday. so there will be more video to come.

we also know that dynos are for tuning and real life proof comes from the track/strip or were ever your bikes competeing..

heres a little video..first trip out on my bike with a $hitty suspension

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=dfcd1622-1046-487a-8407-d7ec996e6919

mike

Bad Habit
11-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Those losers were you Dan!

Balance my crank? no engine builder balances cranks themselves. The stroke was to my specs with the rod i worked with kelly at Falicon to design, my design to keep the NMotion cyclinder raw stock for taller stroke, my design to fit large stroke with shortened chain, my design to reduce cam tower standoffs to reduce seperation, custom piston, and more. Little you know about the real story of my design and slap back into your face saying that it can't be done Dan! You've been listening to the wrong innovator over there Dan- you know the one who is washed up. Now, you and Boone have nothing better to discuss without your port polish teacher around...

Dan go back to your daily censoring,..... that's what your best at

Didn't you get a BOONE head? LOL! i think you did and your hp is what 48? did he tell you the flow or just take your money? probally after you taught him how to polish your head right? LOL

Is this your useless attempt to come over here and start chit too?

get lost and go play with your unsupported pipe and piston.. :devil:
You're funny. Believe it or not, I like you......you make me laugh.

I never once said a 550 couldn't be done, don't know where that's coming from.

No, Boone did not port my head, but I wouldn't hesitate to have him do the work if needed.

48? Actually, max was 51 on STD correction. Something else that makes me laugh......with "your" crank, cylinder, custom piston, and all "your" designed components...you got what, 58hp? By my estimation, you spent at least $2500 more than a build like mine costs for a 7hp gain. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!:D

I'll get lost now and go play with my "unsupported pipe and piston". Now you run along and keep writing those big checks to other people while you knock those who actually do work themselves.

11-01-2005, 10:00 PM
ladies ladies

chad502ex
11-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
58hp?

58- that was then,...;) this is now :macho

shouldn't you be censoring? I see you do that real good as admin everyday now...

chad502ex
11-02-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by mikes450r
well i have a little input here. i have a head done by boone on my stock bore stock stroke bike and im really happy with it. I will be dynoing it on friday and i will post the graphs for your kinda proof. i will also be doing some more testing on my bike saturday. so there will be more video to come.

we also know that dynos are for tuning and real life proof comes from the track/strip or were ever your bikes competeing..

heres a little video..first trip out on my bike with a $hitty suspension

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=dfcd1622-1046-487a-8407-d7ec996e6919

mike

kewl video mike!

Mobile Dyno
11-02-2005, 06:46 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/440exrider/Smilies/itschy.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/440exrider/Smilies/lighter.gif

wppracing
11-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the CAM. I will dyno it saturday.
Took it for a ride and my AS Dyno says holy chit :eek: :D

chad502ex
11-02-2005, 06:17 PM
hope you like it and it performs best with your setup. see ya saturday.

TURBO-530R
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1886245#post1886245

04'400ex'er
11-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Boone your coming here to start something with chad is not something that is welcome by many on this site. we have seen proof of his knowledge time and time again, post after post. go pick your fights somewhere else where you are a little more "welcome"