PDA

View Full Version : Rancher Q's

Zacher2009
10-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I have a 2005 Rancher (2 Wheel Drive, Foot Shift) W/O a fan. I was looking in the fuse holder and where it said fan there was a fuse there so i thought that maby the machine had a harness for a fan. Is there any way i could put a fan on the Rancher W/O major wiring hassles?

Thanx

Zacher2009
10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know anything about this subject? O well.

LoneToySoldier
11-20-2005, 03:17 AM
The fan wiring on mine comes from below the gas tank - look up under there or pull the tank and see if there's a connector with no plug. If not - you can get a cheap thermostat from Advance or Napa or wherever for $16 or so. Just wire it up (Always fuse anything you wire, either through the box or with an inline fuse), put the control where you can get to it and other stuff can't. I'd put it in the toolbox on the back. Then get a small and cheap fan. You could probably find the fan in a junkyard or online from a place like www.bikebandit.com or ebay. When you install the fan, make sure it's blowing the right direction - blowing forward won't help much. If it's blowing wrong, look for a direction switch or just reverse the wires. Liquid electric tape and dieelectric grease work great for keeping your electrical connections from getting destroyed by weather and mud.

Zacher2009
11-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the info ill try this and see what happens.