PDA

View Full Version : custom axis, pep or elka??

WhiteYFZ
10-30-2005, 07:31 AM
i want to get new shocks but idn what ones to get..i know there all good ..but what is the best??..does anyone have any shocks for sale?? ok thanks

benbuilt4u
10-30-2005, 03:06 PM
i love my custom axis! :D

MX300ex
10-30-2005, 04:15 PM
peps are a better than works but not better than elka or axis..elka is not better than axis

so go with axis

this is just my opion

DaleJrFan
10-30-2005, 04:28 PM
i have been reading up on axis and they have a nice package. never personally rode them but hear nothing but good things. depending on what kind of riding you do, the elka dune edition are really nice but PEP's on a 250r are really nice too.

Ginxd00
10-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I went from PEP's to Elka and just recently Axis. IMO the Axis shocks are alot better than the others. I know it has alot to do with setup and valving. I noticed a huge diffrence after the first ride with them. They are alot more resposive and just feel better in general.

Ex_Rider43
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
they are alle great ... do a little search there is probably 3-4 topics on this page asking this and pages that give you infos on shocks. this kind of topic is beat just like the .gif guy hiting his head on the keyboard...

EvilJester400EX
10-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Custom Axis, hands down. I run them on both of my YFZ's and probably will never run anything else. :cool:

R3Concepts
10-31-2005, 06:25 PM
We've run ALL the shocks out there...

PEPs are the best out of the box race ready, go fast on day one, shocks you can buy, HANDS DOWN. Setup really well, with tons of sag, and setup typically on the soft side, very comfortable, very plush.

Axis are great shocks, BUT no 2 shocks that come from Axis will be even close to each other and 9-10 times will need to be sent to Laz @ GT Thunder to be re-done..Axis shocks are set-up extremely slow.. Even for a good shock tuner/racer it will take awhile to get them setup...When we got ours, we got the fronts (dual adj, triples) set up for 150-170 "A" riders..We all way 190 at the shop and they are still WAYY to stiff for our liking..The rear was sent with the wrong spring by 75# of spring rate, which by any racers means is a HUGE boo boo.

Elka springs have broken, cracked, especially top springs, are notorious for being slammed together, blow seals on a consistant basis, and will 10-10 times need to be sent to some else to be re-done. I.E. Allen White or Clark @ Noleen.

We are on Custom Axis right now and aren't overally thrilled with them, so thats why we are going back to PEPs..Wayne's just the man. And for the comment about PEPs being better then Works but not up to par with Elka or Axis...BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

doc-bones
10-31-2005, 06:41 PM
AXIS and PEP are great. ELKA SUCK.

416exmx
11-01-2005, 11:34 AM
No use for me to argue here you guys already got that under controll, but my next ones will be PEP ARC's AGAIN!!!