PDA

View Full Version : C&D racing

babyboy
10-30-2005, 02:11 AM
So, I sent my dirtbike shock in to be rebuilt! The guy on the phone said it only takes a couple days and if I shipped it out on monday I should be ables to have it back by the next monday.. well they got it on that thursday and have had it for over two weeks.. They were supposed to call to let me know what is goin on with it.. I have not received any calls from them. nor do they answer the phone anymore cuz all I get is the machine. I have left at least one message and never got a call back.. so I call them bacl again. all I get is machine WTF.. I thought this place was a reputable shop. I'm starting to get pissed off!!!!

Has anyone else had a problem with these guys?

2004exrider
10-30-2005, 06:52 AM
try leaving them a message in their section. They will answer ya there pretty quick.;)

Jimmy

Sjorge450R
10-30-2005, 07:18 AM
as far as i know they were at the Maxxis 12 hour race. So that could also be a problem. They told me that i would have to wait a extra day or two for my order because of this.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
as far as i know they were at the Maxxis 12 hour race. So that could also be a problem. They told me that i would have to wait a extra day or two for my order because of this.

rmz250
10-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Great Job informing their customers.

blaster_rider68
10-30-2005, 12:36 PM
well i ordered my elkas the first month of summer and it took them a good 5 weeks to get here,even tho he said id get them in like 2 weeks and the fact that i ordered new nerfs from them and they took like 2 months to get them and he told me id get them in like a week

450robot
10-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
well i ordered my elkas the first month of summer and it took them a good 5 weeks to get here,even tho he said id get them in like 2 weeks and the fact that i ordered new nerfs from them and they took like 2 months to get them and he told me id get them in like a week

quit bashing you douches! cd has great service, the time on your elkas was not up to them, it all depends on how many orders elk has on there hands at the time, ive seen some of my friends hung up a month and a half because elka was overwhelmed with orders

and im pretty sure when they say "we will be attending 12hours of rausch" they wont be in the shop then

DaleJrFan
10-30-2005, 04:37 PM
C & D has always had good service when I have used them. Great prices and I have always got my stuff in a timely fashion.

babyboy
10-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by 450robot
quit bashing you douches! cd has great service, the time on your elkas was not up to them, it all depends on how many orders elk has on there hands at the time, ive seen some of my friends hung up a month and a half because elka was overwhelmed with orders

and im pretty sure when they say "we will be attending 12hours of rausch" they wont be in the shop then

Who bashing? my issue doesn't have anything to do with elka.. I was told it would take two maybe three days to rebuild then it would be on its way back out.. I also sent it to them two and a half weeks ago.. probably before that 12 hours race..

So now you can go back and mind your own Fing business because I fail to see how your reply helps my ??

babyboy
10-31-2005, 06:24 AM
the price is good, thats why I sent it to them.. There is a race shop here in town like ten minutes from me but C&D were a lot cheaper

babyboy
10-31-2005, 06:26 AM

What are you like 15? what do you know? stay out of my threads you little sh*tstain..

Johnny & Monica
10-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Maybe they was on the road to Pa. 12 hours they had a quad to help preb in Ia. . Trust me there very nice people an work hard to please there customers . There also atvriders site sponsors. They dont deserve this thread you started thats forsure :mad: You`ll get your shock better rebuilt than you could have at home town shop. Maybe the had to order internal parts . Things dont always go smooth Just say thanks when you get it back :D

Most the time Elkas do get to ya in 2 weeks but you gotta rember there in canada an they also get backed up in the spring time which cause`s delays with different race series starting up.You got them didnt ya???? Aint like they had them at there shop teasing you with them.:D :D :D

Dont everyone be so quick to jump on band wagon to judge others .....

quadmaster88
10-31-2005, 07:16 AM

...and im pretty sure when they say "we will be attending 12hours of rausch" they wont be in the shop then

i didnt know the 12hours of rausch took a week...........haha joking:cool:

Johnny & Monica
10-31-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by quadmaster88
i didnt know the 12hours of rausch took a week...........haha joking:cool:

The quad they helped prep was in Ia. so I`m sure they went to Ia. an spend a few days helping out before heading out.Babyboy will get his rear shock . No need in tring to make someone who does so much for this site an racers in general service look bad When it`s really A-1

Admin
10-31-2005, 07:45 AM
I am sorry to hear you haven’t been able to get ahold of C&D Racing, but they have been out of the office since last week traveling across the country from Nebraska to Pennsylvania for the 12 Hours of ATV America to support FD Racing’s Utility Team which won the race for the second year in a row without any problems thanks to Colby’s prerace preparation.

Also, I am sure a normal turnaround on a shock is around one week as Colby quoted you, but I am sure shipping time wasn’t part of the calculation, which could easily add another week to the equation.

Finally, please understand that they can’t predict exactly when a customer is going to ship in a product for service, and if it comes at a time when they are leaving on vacation, it won’t be able to be address till they return, which is understandable.

I am sure Colby or Dusty will contact you today and give you an update on your order, and I hope if everything is resolved accordingly you would be a quick to thank them as you were to bash them in this post.

Also, you can’t blame a vendor for lead times from the manufacturers. Elka is a Canadian company, so every shipment must go through Customs before it enters the US, which can delay orders and is no fault of either Elka or the Vendor. I really wish people were more understanding of what goes on behind the scenes and understand that everything can’t happen overnight.

Happy Riding,
Harlen

Admin
10-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by babyboy
So, I sent my dirtbike shock in to be rebuilt! The guy on the phone said it only takes a couple days and if I shipped it out on monday I should be ables to have it back by the next monday.. well they got it on that thursday and have had it for over two weeks.. They were supposed to call to let me know what is goin on with it.. I have not received any calls from them. nor do they answer the phone anymore cuz all I get is the machine. I have left at least one message and never got a call back.. so I call them bacl again. all I get is machine WTF.. I thought this place was a reputable shop. I'm starting to get pissed off!!!!

Has anyone else had a problem with these guys?

I talked to Colby this morning, and the shock was from a 1988 KX rear shock, which required the seal to be ordered, since it is an out of date shock, but if it wasn't so old, there wouldn't have been a problem with turning it around quickly.

The seal should be in this week, and it will be shipped out hopefully this week.