PDA

View Full Version : where can I buy 4/1 wheels?

QuadJunkies
10-29-2005, 11:02 PM
I REALLY want another set of Burgards, but just in case I cant get them ,I will be needing them over the next two weeks .

When I went to order wheels for my duning trip, the Tire guy told me that Douglas didnt make a 4/1 offset so I need to know who does ?? :confused: I dont want expensive wheels and I dont want Hypers. I will be using them with Hoosiers...
Any leads would be helpful :)

dangle
10-29-2005, 11:19 PM
OMF....my buddy said he ordered a set of those new ITP t9 beadlocks in a 4/1 he might be bullshattin tho...

Mike

terko440
10-29-2005, 11:48 PM
If you have any stocker fronts laying around those are a 4/1.5 offset and yes Douglas does make 4/1's. I dont know why anyone would have told you that. They make a conventional 4/1 which Tim Farr himself uses and then you have the shamrocks.

ThumPIN_450R
10-30-2005, 12:32 AM
if you're ordering from rocky mountain they seem to be unaware of the whole 4/1 offset wheel situation try getting them straight from douglas or even baldwin motorsports should have them as well.

terko440
10-30-2005, 05:52 AM
I agree with thumpin, when I ordered a set of front dune tires from Rocky Mountain, which was before I understood much about wheel offset, I learned later that they put those tires on a set of 2/4 offset wheel! I thought that it was the sand that made them steer so rough! This is totally the opposite offset one should use. I sold them of course. But one again, gettin a 4/1 shouldnt be too hard for ya. Good luck

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by terko440
If you have any stocker fronts laying around those are a 4/1.5 offset and yes Douglas does make 4/1's. I dont know why anyone would have told you that. They make a conventional 4/1 which Tim Farr himself uses and then you have the shamrocks. I dont have stockers. I heard the Shamrocks are heavy . If I cant get my hands on some Burgards, I would just like a Standard fron rim, I dont want to invest a ton of money on wheels right now .

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
if you're ordering from rocky mountain they seem to be unaware of the whole 4/1 offset wheel situation try getting them straight from douglas or even baldwin motorsports should have them as well. Actually, it was Les Schwab tire that Called Douglas and they told me they told him they didnt make a wheel that was a 4/1 offset, I later found out that was wrong.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 09:03 AM
I agree with thumpin, when I ordered a set of front dune tires from Rocky Mountain, which was before I understood much about wheel offset, I learned later that they put those tires on a set of 2/4 offset wheel! I thought that it was the sand that made them steer so rough! This is totally the opposite offset one should use. I sold them of course. But one again, gettin a 4/1 shouldnt be too hard for ya. Good luck been there done that! At the time it was OK since I had stock Aarms, but I HATED the bump steer , I sold mine too...lol.

Dave400ex
10-30-2005, 09:08 AM
I had called OMF a few years back and they said they could get me a Douglas 4+1 wheel with the lip around the outside. I have Shamrocks now, and I wouldn't say they are real heavy, I would think they are lighter then the Burgards with the inner rings...

300ex73
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a set of ITP T-9 GP's that are brand new, trying to get them sold. 4-1 offset. Never been used. Pm me if interested.

Also, Douglas does make a 4-1, but only in their Ultimate Series. The Ultimate Conventional, Billet, and Shamrock all come in 4-1. The standard Red, Black, and Blue labels do not come in 4-1.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by 300ex73
I have a set of ITP T-9 GP's that are brand new, trying to get them sold. 4-1 offset. Never been used. Pm me if interested.

Also, Douglas does make a 4-1, but only in their Ultimate Series. The Ultimate Conventional, Billet, and Shamrock all come in 4-1. The standard Red, Black, and Blue labels do not come in 4-1. thanks... Thats what I needed to know ;)

Could you PM me a price on your wheels?? thanks :)

prepracing
10-30-2005, 07:10 PM
the ITP baja's also come in 4 - 1 offset

QuadJunkies
10-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
the ITP baja's also come in 4 - 1 offset I have a set of those and I wasnt impressed on the way the finish looked on the wheel for what we paid, would look good to make a full set though! :)

10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I REALLY want another set of Burgards, but just in case I cant get them ,I will be needing them over the next two weeks .

When I went to order wheels for my duning trip, the Tire guy told me that Douglas didnt make a 4/1 offset so I need to know who does ?? :confused: I dont want expensive wheels and I dont want Hypers. I will be using them with Hoosiers...
Any leads would be helpful :)

whats wrong with hipers? :confused:

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
whats wrong with hipers? :confused:
I just have no interest in them right now or the price, I dont need a full set of wheels, just a set for FT tires up front .

JDiablo
10-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Have you checked out the non beadlock hiper fronts?maybe they are a lil cheaper maybe 150 for both of them?

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 08:43 PM
I would like to stick with a Chrome look since that what the rears are ;)

10-31-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
Have you checked out the non beadlock hiper fronts?maybe they are a lil cheaper maybe 150 for both of them?

they are $150 a wheel, they are lighter then the beadlock version and designed for the serious MX racer or a rider in need of a strong wheel that is better then aluminum, but doesnt need a beadlock wheel

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 08:51 PM
I dont need a bead for the front really, but they sure would look good! :D

prepracing
10-31-2005, 09:25 PM
go with the polished douglas ultimate conventinals with the rolled edge up front, they look good and you can't beat them for the price !

QuadJunkies
10-31-2005, 09:40 PM
I am a blank on what they look like?? :confused: whats a good price for them??

prepracing
10-31-2005, 10:15 PM
alot of the motorcross guys run them up front, I can't find a good pic but....they basically look like the douglas red label wheels except they have the rolled edge/bead instead of that big lip that the red labels have and they come in 4 - 1 offset, $89 to $99 per rim. I seen in a dirtwheels where ITP also now offered this rim with the rolled edge but I have not seen a price on them.

Bajakawi
11-01-2005, 01:56 PM
You should be able to find that wheel with the rolled edge in either Douglas or ITP for around $65 each. The ITP wheel is called the GP series..but keep in mind, none of those wheels are a true 4+1..they are closer to 3 3/4 + 1 1/4...the only TRUE 4+1 is the Douglas Shamrock Beadlock wheel...they can be bought for around $210 each or so...good luck!

QuadJunkies
11-01-2005, 11:34 PM
thanks for the info ;)

300ex73
11-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Sorry I haven't replied earlier, but here is a pic of what the front wheels look like. It's the only pic I can get right now. I don't have any way of getting an actualy picture of them. But, rest assured that this is how they look, and that they're brand new, in the box.

redrunner
11-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Ah ha! here is the thread I was thinking about....;)

QuadJunkies
11-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
Ah ha! here is the thread I was thinking about....;) :p

bwamos
11-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Odd, I have 4-1 Douglass Red labels on my Bandit XC 6ply kevlar belted fronts. Of course that tire rim combo is about 4 years old now that I think about it. They only get used in the gnarliest XC races, where a set of Razr2 front's wouldn't survive.. lol. Each wheel/tire has to weight 35 lbs..lol. They are damn near indestructible.. lol.

nacs400ex
11-10-2005, 04:24 PM
If you have any stocker fronts laying around those are a 4/1.5 offset and yes Douglas does make 4/1's. I dont know why anyone would have told you that. They make a conventional 4/1 which Tim Farr himself uses and then you have the shamrocks.

Stock rims are 3:2 and yes Douglas makes 4:1, considering I have a pair on my quad.

11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
alot of the motorcross guys run them up front, I can't find a good pic but....they basically look like the douglas red label wheels except they have the rolled edge/bead instead of that big lip that the red labels have and they come in 4 - 1 offset, $89 to $99 per rim. I seen in a dirtwheels where ITP also now offered this rim with the rolled edge but I have not seen a price on them.

you might as well get a set of hipers for that much

im a dealer for hiper, message me, e-mail me, do whatever, ill c what we can work out, c what your looking for, and point u in the right direction :macho