PDA

View Full Version : carrier bearings: quick answer PLZ!!

400exMO
10-29-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm planning on changing out my carrier bearings tonight and I'm on a limited schedule. anybody know an estimate of the time it takes the change em'. I don't want to still be dicking with it tomorrow instead of riding:devil:

Jimford
10-29-2005, 05:19 PM
whats your time schedule? Sometimes it a pain to get the axle out, but other then that it wont take longer than 1.5-2.5 hours I would say. Unless you have some problems. It depends on your mechanical skills.

400exMO
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm pretty mechanical and I have a full blown engine shop in my backyard. Plus my stepdad who works on engines all the time will be 30 feet away to help me with hangups. I have around 4 hrs, but I'm afraid I'll run into to many hang ups and won't get to ride tomorrow, I haven't got to ride in 3 weeks. You think I'll be okay??

400exMO
10-29-2005, 05:34 PM
bump

Jimford
10-29-2005, 06:02 PM
with all you said yeah you will be OK. You just got to do it. Just do it step by step. 4 hours will be fine. Seriously I did mine in 2.5. I took my time. Didnt have any probs. I get frustrated though because when I put stuff back together I think it will come loose or something. Make sure you use lock-tite on your swingarm carrier bolt. When I did mine I rode the next day and the bolt kept coming loose. You wont have any probs.